DC RESIDENTS PREFERRED!
Job Title: SHORT TERM CONTRACT CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE - Tier II (CSR) MBSYEP and PFL
This position assists customers regarding applications, program inquiries and account resolutions in a call center environment. This position provides customer service assistance to those youth and young adults enrolling and receiving services through the Mayor Marion S. Barry Summer Youth Employment Program (MBSYEP). MBSYEP will begin on June 22, 2020 and conclude on July 31, 2020. Each year District of Columbia youth, ages 14 -24, have an opportunity to gain enriching and constructive summer work experiences through subsidized and unsubsidized placements in schools, the private sector, and government sectors. Due to COVID-19, MBSYEP has developed non-traditional programming for virtual work readiness training and work experiences to ensure that BSYEP will continue this year.
Customer Service Representatives will also support individuals who are enrolling in and applying for Paid Family Leave (PFL). CSR's will assist with eligibility, enrollment, and related assistance using the new District of PFL system. The CSRs will provide services through multiple channels of telephone, web chat and email, and written correspondence. The District will plan, develop, and administer a paid leave program for the District of Columbia under the provisions of the Universal Paid Leave Amendment Act of 2016. On July 1, 2020, the District will begin administering paid leave benefits.
- Job Type: Short Term Contract -Full Time through 8/31/20 with option to extend to 11/14/20 based on business need.
- Reports to: Call Center and Customer Service Supervisor
- Location: Washington, DC - Remote
Duties and Responsibilities
- Practices active listening in order to take each customer's concerns seriously, fully understands the issue and then provides appropriate resolution or appropriate direction for next steps whether the contact is by telephone, web chat, email or written correspondence.
- Provides customers with an unbiased presentation of programs and information to assist customers with application and eligibility requirements and program questions; transferring callers to other Call Center escalation units as needed.
- Clearly communicates case and case processing information to the customer.
- Multi-tasks by simultaneously communicating with the customer while researching their case and documenting the call.
- Continues to learn and refine program and computer navigation skills in response to updated policy and computer systems.
- Documents all customer encounters in clear, precise and concise records in the provided MBSYEP and PFL systems.
- Meets individual performance standards, including the confidentiality and security of information. Ensures compliance with HIPAA and safeguards PII and PHI.
- Assisting and resolving issues related to applications and eligibility determination for the PFL and MBSYEP.
- Enrolling and ensuring eligibility of individuals into MBSYEP and PFL and resolving issues related to the enrollment of individuals;
- Informing and educating consumers about the MBSYEP and PFL; Answers questions and provides information and education on programs and services.
- Providing information and addressing inquiries regarding MBSYEP and PFL.
- Responds to requests, and/or takes actions on accounts or enrollment applications.
- Follows standard procedures to ensure consistency, accuracy, and meeting all quality assurance requirements
- Facilitates the conversation by soliciting needed information, clarifying responses, and addressing concerns. Manages customer inquiries with consistency, accuracy, and professionalism, displaying excellent customer service skills and extensive technical program knowledge. Follows scripted dialogues to ensure quality and maintain high accuracy rates.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Regular, predictable and on-time attendance required - call center operations.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle calls and achieve 90%> Quality Assurance (QA) audit standards – Minimum QA score of above 90%.
- Achieve an Average Call Handle Time (AHT) of 10-12 minutes.
- Ability to follow scripted dialogues if provided to ensure quality and maintain high accuracy rates.
- Regular and predictable attendance required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to pass a background clearance
- Willing to complete telework survey
- A private room with a closed door to telework from.
- Active and Current Internet Service - 20mps
- Personal Computer and/or Laptop
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification.
- Experience working with culturally and linguistically diverse and disadvantaged populations in a courteous and effective manner.
- At least six months experience in a call center environment responsible for handling inbound calls from customers and/or at least six months experience in healthcare.
- Experience with health and/or human services programs.
- Experience using a personal computer and various software programs including Microsoft Office Suite and a TTY machine.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Ability to regularly attend work at various shift times as assigned.
- Ability to attend and pass required trainings.
Note: THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, OR QUALIFICATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB. ULTIMATELY, THESE FACTORS ARE DETERMINED AT MANAGEMENT’S DISCRETION AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
At the heart of CODICE services are our technology competencies. Paired with our unparalleled process methods, these competencies deliver solutions and results that become an integral part of our clients success. CODICE's technical expertise can be leveraged for full system development, project management or staff augmentation. CODICE areas of expertise include:
SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT: Fully customized development from requirements to testing.
ENTERPRISE CONTENT MANAGEMENT: System implementations for content management, digital assets, web content and record keeping.
SYSTEM INTEGRATION: Expert integrations using open standards, APIs, and a comprehensive toolkit to seamlessly link applications.
DATA WAREHOUSING & BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE: Data collection and analysis from multiple sources into a single access point portal that provides tools for key business functions.
CODICECODICE provides innovative solutions in health information management for the full lifecycle of healthcare finance and compliance operations. Our customized knowledge-based software helps manage healthcare costs. At the heart of CODICE services are our technology competencies. Paired with our unparalleled process methods, these competencies deliver solutions and results that become an integral part of our clients success. CODICE's technical expertise can be leveraged for full system development, project management or staff augmentation. CODICE areas of expertise include: SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT: Fully customized development from requirements to testing. ENTERPRISE CONTENT MANAGEMENT: System implementations for content management, digital assets, web content and record keeping. SYSTEM INTEGRATION: Expert integrations using open standards, APIs, and a comprehensive toolkit to seamlessly link applications. DATA WAREHOUSING & BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE: Data collection and analysis from multiple sources into a single access point portal that provides tools for key business functions.