Reporting to the Director of Operations; the Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for assisting in all aspects of facility maintenance, renovation and repairs. Duties include, but are not limited to, general maintenance, HVAC, electrical, plumbing and projecting a student focused and professional image with all internal and external interactions. The Maintenance Technician serves in an on-call rotation for maintenance emergencies 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, on a rotating basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participates in a 24-hour emergency maintenance on-call schedule on a rotating basis.
- Responds on-site within 30 minutes for emergency calls.
- Participates in the facilities maintenance plan, preventive maintenance schedule, and responds to all service requests within 24 hours.
- Works in support of the whole Facilities Team in their duties and responsibilities; creating a student first environment excelling in customer service, communication, and quality of service.
- Performs general plumbing repairs including leaks, drains, toilets, sinks, showers, and gaskets.
- Performs electrical repairs including but not limited to bulb and ballast replacement, fixtures, sockets, outlets, and GFCIs.
- Completes painting and drywall repair and/or replacement projects as scheduled.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and tools routinely and as directed by their Supervisor.
- Maintains, cleans, and organizes storage and Maintenance Shop daily.
- Maintenance, repair, and replacement of entry door, lock, and key systems.
- Completes exterior maintenance repairs and projects as set forth by their Supervisor.
- Monitors and maintains entranceways, walkways, common areas, and hallways to ensure they are clean, clear, and safe for pedestrians and students.
- Handles daily removal of building trash and recycling.
- Assists with restoring the rooms and common areas to their original condition upon resident or guest move-out through maintenance and repairs.
- Works overtime (when approved) and understands that there will be no leave approved during the turn periods of this property outside of emergency and unforeseen situations.
- Ensures proper safety procedures are followed and Personal Protective Equipment is used.
- Takes part in regular inspections of the buildings and systems as required by their Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Minimum three to five years of relevant experience and expertise in plumbing, HVAC, electrical and mechanical systems as well as generally accepted maintenance practices.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
Post-Secondary education such as Associate’s Degree or Vocational Degree in a Trade, Facilities Management, Project Management, or a related field
Knowledge of chilled water systems fan coil units units.
Previous experience working with facilities maintenance in student housing or campus facilities
Our management services range from turn-key to custom arrangements in which we share roles and responsibilities with our university client (shared governance). We also offer a consulting service called Fresh Eyes, which helps universities position their campus housing program to enhance student success, recruitment, and retention.
We believe our owners, clients, and residents should expect and receive remarkable services. Our commitment to this level of service has resulted in great outcomes for our campus partners: improved operations / greater affordability to the students, housing programs that enhance recruitment and retention, and increased student satisfaction.
Since we began in 2003, we have continued to grow: from 2,186 student residents at three campuses, to our current 34,119 residents at 38 campuses.