- $28 to $34 Hourly
Cast is excited to announce the role of Staff Accountant to perform and manage the day-to-day finance and accounting operations. If you are looking to join a progressive and mission-driven organization, look no further!
Cast is looking for a highly-skilled, detail-oriented Staff Accountant who excels at multitasking. The Staff Accountant will act as a point of contact between the different parts of the accounting department, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and external parties, such as vendors, clients, or lenders. They will handle bookkeeping, accounts payable and accounts receivable, assist in preparing financial reports, support in allocations, support in taxes and audits, and resolving discrepancies. This position is a hybrid position in Los Angeles - requiring to be in the office 1-2 days a week and as needed, and working from home/remotely 3-4 days per week or when not in the office.
Position/Title: Staff Accountant
Reports To: CIOO
Employment Type: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $27.88 per/hour to $33.65 per/hour
Ongoing Transactional Support:
- Expenses/Accounts Payable: Accounts payable, including reviewing invoices and correcting any coding and classification errors. Enter invoices into the accounting system. Maintain an aging sheet for outstanding payables and follow up on outstanding invoices. Generate checks and maintain an aging process to ensure timely payments.
- Revenues/Accounts Receivable: Maintain an aging sheet for outstanding receivables; reconcile with donor database as appropriate and investigate outstanding pledges. Process cash receipts, bank deposits, petty cash transactions and bank reconciliations. Code and input these transactions into the accounting system
- Manage staff allocations
- Work with staff to ensure proper coding of financial materials.
- Develop and support processes and trainings for programs staff to ensure accurate coding and processing and to ensure a collaborative relationship between programs staff and accounting.
General Ledger/Month-End Closing Support:
- Understand a complex chart of accounts and cost center matrix and apply allocations between cost centers.
- Maintain the general ledger by creating, verifying, allocating, and posting transactions. Review all items monthly and make adjusting entries. Maintain chart of accounts. Maintain systems and accounting procedures manual.
- Reconcile and enter credit card transactions; reconcile revenue coding with donor database; review the general ledger to verify accuracy.
- Perform monthly bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Enter monthly payroll, benefits and other journal entries; track and update paid time off.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reporting for grant monitoring, for program budget monitoring, and additional reports as needed.
- Provides independent external auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Ensure compliance with government agencies, including state registration process. Work with the agency's contracted financial team to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local legal and donor requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures, implements policies as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred but not required or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience needed; nonprofit accounting experience preferred
- Ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Understanding of Form 990 and other federal and state tax requirements
- Knowledge of accrual basis accounting and basic accounting debits and credits
- Knowledge of private foundations and government grants preferred
- Knowledge of QuickBooks (or similar accounting software) required; ability to acquire skills to operate within different accounting platforms as required
- 10-key data entry
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Skill in communicating technical and financial information to management and other staff
- Strong work ethic
- Professional attitude; service-oriented, friendly, positive approach and team-oriented
- Salary is commensurate with experience. The benefits package includes employer coverage of 100% towards employee only and 80% towards dependents on medical and dental only plans. We offer life, disability, sick/vacation leave, and a 403(b). Opportunity to work with a team of committed individuals, be supported, and be given every chance to succeed.
- Applicants for this position should submit their cover letter and resume via our online portal. Due to the high volume of resumes received, only candidate to meet the requirements stated above will be contacted.
COVID-19 VACCINATION: Cast recommends all employees, interns, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Per company policy all employees, interns and volunteers are required to answer Covid-19 self pre-screening questionnaires upon office entry.
CAST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking (CAST) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CAST complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
COALITION TO ABOLISH SLAVERY AND TRAFFICKINGLos Angeles, CA
Finance and InsuranceView All COALITION TO ABOLISH SLAVERY AND TRAFFICKING Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.