CNPC USA is a subsidiary of China National Petroleum Company, and serves as the North American headquarters. Our goal is to provide innovation, research and development of new technologies for Oil and Gas Exploration and Production.
CNPC USA is actively seeking creative, innovative, best-in-class experts to join our growing team. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced individual with knowledge of geomechanics, geology, reservoir engineering and has management capabilities. GGRE Manager oversees the GGRE team taking into consideration both the goals of the company and also the needs of customers. The GGRE Manager is responsible for meeting with vendors to ensure quality vendors are contracted and coordinates all efforts of GGRE Team, while working simultaneously with other key members of the organization to develop a multifunctional team environment.
This position reports directly to the Sr. vice President of CNPC USA Corp.
· Identify gaps within the subsurface group and provide guidance to support business growth.
· Work closely with CEO, VPs, Executives, HR, Finance, Research and Marketing/Sales to align common goals within company.
· Utilize industry network to help source and staff the GGRE team based on known and future need.
· Prepares business and budget plans for the group.
· Plans coordinates and directs projects; may require the use of sophisticated project planning techniques and tools.
· Creates, monitors and implements effective plans to address client needs; takes lead for scoping tasks/projects; assembles research team members.
· Makes significant contributions to technical proposal preparation and or presentations, lead top level design and identifies technical route and work contents.
· Contributes to a positive co-worker/customer relationship through efficient interaction on current projects.
· Exhibits creativity, foresight and mature judgment in conducting research and securing new business opportunities.
· Leads the development of intellectual property and safe keeping of confidential information.
· Evaluate and initiate exploration and development opportunities including new drill wells and workovers.
· Supports GGRE team in evaluation of projects including construction of economic models, probabilistic estimation of reserve potential, play analysis, production forecasting and evaluation of possible development scenarios.
· Supports other group’s business from GGRE perspective beginning of each project launch. Understand objectives required to improve the company’s technology application and sales objectives.
· Conducts all business activities in agreement with CNPC USA core values.
· Performs detailed economic analysis of all strategic opportunities including capital projects and R&D opportunities.
· Builds an environment of teamwork across all functions within the organization.
· Designs and executes key programmatic elements of the OD process.
· Establishes clear metrics to measure the achievements at mid-year and year end
· Demonstrated ability to deliver on time, on target, with quality and sustainability.
- Proficiency in team management, understanding of geology, geomechanics, reservoir engineering etc.
- Demonstrated ability to engage team members, and work in a cross functional environment.
- Understanding of unconventional oil and gas and ultra-formations reservoirs
· MS in Petroleum Engineering, or similar field, advanced degree a plus.
· Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
· 5+ years of managerial experience within a technical team.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
· Ability to work in an office environment.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and the ability to lift 20lbs and bend is required.
This position requires some overnight international and domestic travel. Local travel between other CNPC USA locations and testing facilities is required.
This position directs employees within the GGRE team and is responsible for performance management and hiring of employees within the department.
CNPC USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Disclaimer: The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.