Deputy Director of Network Operations
CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches. We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
The Deputy Director of Network Operations will oversee all administration, monitoring, sustainment, incident, problem management activities and address any tier II network issues. This person should be self-motivated, professional with management experience who can lead project-oriented tasks and manage multiple and/or competing priorities. The incumbent will lead and maintain oversight of network projects that align with CNA's strategic plans and delegate tasks to team. The Deputy Director of Network Operations will also support individuals who oversee planned network changes, emergency restoration, locating, and equipment maintenance and records integrity.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
- Provide leadership to the system operation and administration services including configuration management and knowledge management.
- Manage a team, who oversee the network monitoring of system operations and lead a response to and resolve incidents in accordance with the SLAs, adhering to the incident, problem, and change management processes.
- Manage the support, deployment, integration, sustainability, improvement, or decommissioning of systems and services within established project plans.
- Participate in developing an enterprise configuration management process that ensures cybersecurity and IT best practices are met while decreasing time to production.
- Participate in complex network and infrastructure problem solving in response to incidents and provide incident analysis and identification of potential problems.
- Ensure policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed daily by staff.
- Direct duties for networking hardware including routers, switches, hubs, gateways, access points, network interface cards, networking cables, firewalls, and other related network hardware.
- Manage projects/processes that align with strategic plans.
- Manage vendor lifecycle management (e.g., vendor selection, onboarding, offboarding, vendor support).
- Mentor junior staff members (e.g., career development).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Advanced degree is a plus; CCNA or CCNP certifications preferred.
2. Experience: Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience in network operations or comparable industry experience with at least 3 years successful leadership of IT within various disciplines in the IT function, including progressively more responsible experience managing technical staff and projects. A combination of education and relevant experience that demonstrates a record of accomplishment managing Network Operation Centers and evidence of successful navigation in a highly regulated (DoD) environment.
3. Skills: Ability to lead and manage CNA's Network Operations Center to enable essential operations that facilitates prompt detection, resolution, escalation and reporting of service impacting events and incidents. Read and interpret documents such as industry standards, manufacturer specification and policy manuals. Analyze NOC functions, recommend upgrades/changes, and assess current and future NOC needs. Drive and support Continual Service Improvement. Must have demonstrated initiative and ability to work with others; effective oral and written communication; willingness to stay current with new technologies.
4. Other: On-call availability outside of normal working hours. Ability to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret level security clearance.
5. Remote/Hybrid Work Eligibility: This position is eligible for telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements at the discretion of the Supervisor. Employees may be required to work at CNA headquarters or other work locations resulting in changes to the scheduled telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements.
- Job Family Information Technology
- Job Function Career Path III - Supervisor/Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator (none)
3003 Washington BlvdArlington, VA
Get fresh Deputy Director of Network Operations jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.