Under broad supervision and after an extensive 12 week training program the Surety Marketing Representative will focus on generating production and sales within the agency force in their specified territory. The goal will be to nurture existing agency relationships, seek new business opportunities, prospect for new agents to represent CNA Surety and ultimately project a professional corporate image within our agency force. This individuals territory will cover Connecticut, New York City and Long Island, NY with the incumbent ideally being located in New Haven or Norwalk, CT. This will be a work from home position and the typical representative travels four days a week and works one day a week from home; company car and credit cards are provided.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Sell all CNA Surety products and services.
- Responsible for selling, installation, and training agents in the use of agent automation services (bONdLINE).
- Responsible for personally contacting all agents and prospects as outlined in the Marketing Representative's Procedure Manual (the manual) to create increased production.
- Field and handle agents' complaints as outlined in the manual.
- Identify all agents in the assigned territory with good commercial and contract bond business and appoint them or place them on the prospect list.
- Actively pursue collections as outlined in the manual.
- Keep management informed concerning competition so we can react to changes in the industry.
- Active involvement in industry and agency associations to monitor industry activities that may affect Company operations.
- Monitor and report on legislative activities that may affect the operations of the Company.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Solid knowledge of insurance industry practices.
- Accounting or business-related experience.
- Ability to produce outstanding sales results.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and telephone skills. Ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
- Creativity in resolving issues and problems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically a minimum of three years experience in sales and/or marketing.