An exciting opportunity to drive strategy and execution as a member of CNA's Long Term Care Inforce Management team. Come work alongside actuarial professionals and collaborate with key internal and external business partners to directly influence overall divisional results by managing the risk associated with CNA’s Long Term Care business. The successful candidate will be a critical thinker, detail-oriented and have influential communication abilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Collaborate with and influence team members in the development and execution of risk mitigation strategy for the Long Term Care insurance division, including re-pricing and other strategic initiatives.
- Leverage cutting-edge actuarial and statistical tools for annual indication reviews, premium and claim projections, ad-hoc regulator requests, and strategic initiative tracking and reporting.
- Compile, create and/or perform technical reviews of actuarial memorandums for rate filing purposes, including preparation of actuarial exhibits and data summaries.
- Analyze and review financial, statistical and mathematical data to help inform future business decisions.
- Drive process improvements to gain efficiencies, while creating repeatable and auditable processes.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
AVP or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Solid knowledge of core functions of an insurance company, general insurance, actuarial and statistical concepts.
- Demonstrated technical expertise and product specific knowledge. Long Term Care insurance industry knowledge would be preferable.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve moderately complex situations and issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to collaborate with and strategically influence CNA’s internal and external business partners.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team, while effectively mentoring and coaching more junior team members.
- Ability to manage time effectively and seamlessly adapt to dynamic priorities, while valuing diverse opinions and ideas.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems, including processing systems and applications.
- Programming skills for manipulating data and visualizing results; e.g. SAS/SQL/R, Alteryx, Tableau.
- Experience in GGY AXIS Actuarial software a plus.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline, or equivalent.
- Typically a minimum of four years of related work experience with Associateship accredit