Description of Assignment:
This is a support role to a Project Design and Delivery team. They currently manage over 30 active contracts for services such as civil, structural, and geotechnical engineering; permitting; CAD; and water quality and habitat expertise. At any given time, approximately 70 task orders are open on these contracts, and those numbers are expected to increase within the next year. We require a very detail-oriented person to help manage the administrative workload and ensure quality and compliance with budget, contract terms, change controls, and other processes. This role requires the ability to work independently under the supervision of the official contract managers.
- Preparation and quality control of contracts, task orders, and change management documents
- Coordination of contractual vs. scope requirements between procurement and engineering staff
- Analysis and QC of rate schedules and fee estimates
- Tracking contract capacity and DMWESB usage
- Reviewing consultant and subconsultant invoices and progress reports for contract compliance
- Tracking of task order capacity against not to exceed limits and project budget
- Analysis of invoice expenditure by tasks and personnel
- Providing training and guidance on contracting related topics to staff
- Monitoring and reporting on consultant/task order patterns, discrepancies, and issues
- Assisting with establishment of contracting document standards, templates, teaching materials
Critical Skills Needed, and Special Requirements:
- Knowledge/Familiarity with, or ability to quickly learn:
- Architecture Engineering Construction (AEC) contracts
- Fee and rate schedule development including net labor multipliers, overhead, and markups
- Cost Reimbursement, Fixed Price and Time and Material Contracts and Subconsultant contracts
- GSA per diem
- Knowledge of Cost Accounting desired, but not required
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) experience is a bonus
- Analytical, organized, detail-oriented, with good judgement and decision-making abilities working within prescribed internal procedures and contract guidelines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and ability to quickly new applications (e.g., eBuilder project management software).
- Good time/workflow management and ability to provide predictable and quick turnaround for weekly flow of task orders and invoices.