Senior Construction Manager (Airfield)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Every day at CMTS, our people deliver infrastructure projects that make a difference in lives and communities. As a company with 35 years of experience, CMTS is poised for success. We value our employees and strive to create a culture that allows them to learn, grow, and thrive. We believe in promoting a work/life balance, focusing on health and wellness, being active in our community through sound business practices and employee initiatives. Come join us in our growth!
We’re currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Construction Manager located in Los Angeles, California.
• BS in engineering field (Construction Management, Civil Engineering, , etc.) or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) by CMAA is preferable
In order to become a candidate, you must possess these skills and abilities:
• Airfield construction experience is mandatory and shall have thorough knowledge of FAA standards and requirements and shall have technical expertise in construction and construction management of airfield pavements and navigational aids (NAVAIDS)
• Must have more than 10 years of experience in airside construction projects; preferably 15 years of experience.
• Airfield construction experience is mandatory and shall have thorough knowledge of FAA standards and requirements and shall have technical expertise in construction and construction management of airfield pavements and navigational aids (NAVAIDS).
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of construction-related processes, scheduling, as well as a thorough knowledge of industry practices.
• Proven leadership and management capability is required.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills with ability to communicate complex issues to non-technical audiences.
• Ability to work with others, a self-starter with results-driven focus.
• May assume other duties as required/needed.
• Maybe required to work past normal work shift if needed.
• Maybe required to work various shifts as needed
• State of California Professional Engineer’s license is preferable.
• Prolog and Primavera experience is preferable
• Conduct all construction-related meetings and make presentations to all stakeholders, LAWA staff and management, the Airlines, the FAA, other local, state and federal agencies having jurisdictions, and others including Third Party monitoring, as necessary and determined by LAWA.
• Become thoroughly familiar with required contractual obligations and technical aspects of all facilities to be constructed.
• Coordinate reviews and construction activities with the contractor, inspection, airfield operations, terminal operations, maintenance, LAWA Information Technology Group,
airlines, FAA, design consultant and other interested parties.
• Maintain project administrative procedures, budgets and schedules as directed by LAWA.
• Determine budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule.
• Review design drawings and specifications for completeness and constructability and assist in the finalization of bid packages or bulletins.
• Review all construction scheduling, review comments and approve contractor’s baseline schedule and monthly schedule updates
• Keep alert to possible problem areas and take preventative action to ensure that critical milestones are met for each phase of the project.
• Conduct Weekly Construction Meetings and Meeting Minutes.
• Manage field document control and record keeping, (Prolog software) to ensure Records Management/Project Documentation meets or exceeds the audit review standards of the FAA, Office of the Inspector General of the United States and the City of Los Angeles.
• Coordinate, track, and review requests for information, submittals, samples and shop drawings.
• Prepare plan clarifications, review and process changes to fit field conditions and provide direction to the Contractor accordingly.
• Coordinate required environmental mitigation activities on the project.
• Coordinate the monitoring and reporting on all initiatives required under LAWA’s Sustainability Policy.
• Provide change order processing; supervise cost estimating, review, negotiation, preparation and control, dispute resolution and claims avoidance.
• Prepare, process and track monthly construction progress payment requests.
• Assist LAWA by providing information and support staff, for compliance with the requirements of the Project Labor Agreement (PLA).
• Provide Project closeout administration including coordination and assistance for final inspection, preparation of contractor deficiency lists and punch lists and receipt of record drawings.
Salary: $98 - $110 Per Hour
A bonus may be granted to employees depending on individual performance, employee utilization, attendance, tenure, and furtherance of other non-financial corporate goals, bonus opportunities are available at management discretion.
CMTS LLC offers 100% company-paid medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and long-term disability insurance coverage for employees.
CMTS, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
We also offer an amazing Benefits Package 100% Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long-Term Disability insurance for employee, two weeks paid vacation, eight paid holidays per year including one floating holiday, 40 hours sick leave annually & 401k.
5777 W. Century BoulevardLos Angeles, CA
ConstructionView all jobs at CMTS LLC
Get fresh Senior Infrastructure Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.