Public Works (Construction) Inspector
- Posted: August 09, 2021
CMTS is currently seeking a Public Works Inspector to join our team!!!
Journeyman-level public works inspector responsible for enforcing contract stipulations, regulations, specifications and codes relating to public works construction projects.
- Review engineering plans, specifications and contract documents
- Inspect and prepare reports on multiple sites on construction projects such as pipelines, facilities / structures
- Inspect construction related to treatment plants, pump stations and natural resource restoration
- Prepare reports on quality of work and materials
- Observe and review adherence to stipulations and specifications
- Ensure contractor(s), personnel and public safety
- Knowledge of construction methods
- Knowledge of underground utilities
- Knowledge of sewer pipe installation
- Knowledge of site grading, pavement and concrete installation
- Experience with new build and rehabilitation of WWTP’s (Waste Water Treatment Plants), Pumping stations and Force Mains up to 54” diameter
- Experience in waste water and waste water collection and transmission infrastructure, gravity sewer systems, submersible pumping and dry well/wet well pumping
- Experience with current and emerging waste water treatment plant installations including, but not limited to, chemical (liquid and gaseous) storage tanks, pumps and dosing systems, monitoring and sampling systems. Sludge dewatering and thickening systems, pumping systems. Digester tanks, pump systems, and grinders.
- Experience of start-up and commissioning of treatment and pumping systems.
- Experience of shutdown protocols, interfaces with existing facilities with minimum disruption to operations.
- Experience working with civil and building inspectors across bureaus and electrical and control engineers/inspectors.
- Efficiency in project documentation
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Good communication skills with both contractor and client
• Minimum of High School Diploma. High aptitude of experience and efficiency
Preferred Licenses and Certificates:
• OSHA 10
• First Aid/CPR
CMTS LLC offers 100% company-paid medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance coverage for employees.
CMTS, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our Management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
ConstructionView all jobs at CMTS