CMTS is currently seeking a Project Manager I to join our team!!!
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and reviews project management activities with regard to design and construction of local bond measures, state matching funds, new construction and modernization projects and reports to the College Project Director (CPD) and the Program Management Office (PMO).
- Manages and executes the design and/or construction of 6 to 8 projects simultaneously, ranging in construction value from $2M to $30M each.
- Coordinates with end-users, Architects, and others to develop construction phasing plans and swing space plans. Executes and tracks progress against plans.
- Works with Architects, Contractors, Inspectors, the Division of State Architect, and others to resolve complex, construction related issues in a timely manner and within budget.
- Reviews and develops design or construction contract documents, including summary of work, phasing plans, and site logistics plans in coordination with others.
- Identifies project risks, develops and implements risk mitigation plans successfully. Utilizes the Bond program risk register database to enter and update risks and mitigation plans on a monthly basis.
- Creates and presents project data clearly to multiple stakeholder groups.
- Coordinates budget and schedule information with the Relocation Project Manager. regarding FF&E, Asset Disposition/Surplus, and Relocation of College staff.
- Manages and coordinates the planning, programming and design phase of projects with all stakeholders including College user groups, District Facilities staff, PMO staff, and others.
- Closes out and certifies projects including DSA closeout and financial closeout.
- Evaluates, processes and tracks change orders and professional services requests in a timely manner, and in compliance with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Tracks all project status, updates schedule and provides management reports relative to overall program relative to construction project delivery schedules.
- Performs constructability reviews and QA/QC on programming, design and construction documents as required.
- Reports and collaborates with Program Management Office on all project matters.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 5 years’ experience in Management of multiple design and construction projects; experience within a large capital improvement program and familiarity with relevant Public Codes.
- BA or BS in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management or a closely related field. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Ability to multi-task, solve problems and successfully deliver projects is critical.
- 2 years’ experience in Educational Facility Construction preferred.
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Knowledge of all parts of the project life cycle, to include master planning, design and closeout.
- Experience in alternative delivery method (Design-build, etc.)
- Experience with using a web-based project management system such as Proliance.
- Experience in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS).
- Experience in Formal Construction Partnering
- Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes or similar.
- A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the California State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.
- A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI).
CMTS, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our Management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
We also offer an amazing Benefits Package 100% Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long-Term Disability insurance for employee, two weeks paid vacation, eight paid holidays per year including one floating holiday, 40 hours sick leave annually & 401k.