Electrical Inspector I
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CMTS LLC., is currently seeking an Electrical Inspector I to join our team!!!
This position will serve as a Public Works Inspector – Electrical Specialty. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to enforcing contract stipulations, regulations, specifications and codes relating to public works construction projects and conducting independent field inspections.
· Review engineering plans and contract documents related to a variety of civil construction projects
· Make recommendations and reports during pre-construction period, inform contractors of requirements
· Review electrical designs, plans, instrumentation and control systems
· Inspect and prepare daily reports on public works projects, such as pipeline, structure and street construction
· Inspect for quality of work and material, for proper line, grade, slope, placement and for adherence to requirements
· Ensure contractor, personnel and public safety
· Inspect and prepare daily reports on methods of construction utilized by contractors
· Investigate complaints relative to projects; check for proper dimensions, quantities, and proper use of materials
· Inspect and prepare daily reports on the construction of curbs, sidewalks and street, and
other pavements for proper grade and slope
· Check forms for proper alignments and surfacing; check crown before and after surfacing material has been laid down
· Inspect and prepare daily reports on the manufacture and construction of pipeline,
interpreting specification requirements for contractors
· Inspect line and grade for pipeline placement of thrust anchors and concrete footings
· Inspect back-fill and cleanup, structural steel work including welding, sandblasting, and application of protective coatings
· Prepare daily reports on the construction of pumping stations, including installation of equipment; check amounts and types of materials and installations used
· Make progress reports and recommendations to supervisor for modifications or alterations
· Inspect underground utility installations for conformity to plans
· Inspect existing electrical, control and instrumentation systems and those under
construction to ensure compliance to requirements
· Provide final walk-through and measurement of work performed; ensure accuracy
· Create payment documents; arrange for and monitor testing of materials
· Perform related duties as assigned
· Knowledge of administration of construction public works contracts
· Knowledge of construction processes methods, materials and their use, characteristics, preparation and/or installation
· Knowledge of Contractor Quality Control (CQC) per the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers
· Understanding of the characteristics, capabilities of construction equipment and surveying practices
· Ability to interact effectively, to problem solve and partner with citizens, community groups and/or contractors
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diversity of others
· Skilled in reading and interpreting survey notes and performing survey-related computations
· Read and interpret codes, laws and contracts, and math calculations associated with the computation or estimation of construction progress
· Knowledge of instrumentation, control panel design and PLC programming
· Knowledge of electrical codes and standards relating to municipal infrastructures
Electrical Engineers degree preferred or Electrical Apprenticeship Training
CMTS LLC offers 100% company-paid medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance coverage for employees.
CMTS, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our Management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
We also offer an amazing Benefits Package 100% Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long-Term Disability insurance for employee, two weeks paid vacation, eight paid holidays per year including one floating holiday, 40 hours sick leave annually & 401k.
CMTS LLCWhy Work Here?
Great organization with room for advancement!
CMTS is a multifaceted company specializing in construction management and project management for public and private sectors. As a firm with prime capabilities and national reach, we offer our clients the following services: program management, owners representative, construction management, safety, project controls, cost estimating, scheduling, engineering/architectural design review, value engineering, constructibility and construction document review, commissioning and inspection services. We also offer an amazing Benefits Package 100% Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long-Term Disability insurance for employee, two weeks paid vacation, eight paid holidays per year including one floating holiday, 40 hours sick leave annually & 401k.