Design Manager - A&E Services
- $68 to $77 Hourly
Every day at CMTS, our people deliver infrastructure projects that make a difference in lives and communities. As a company with 35 years of experience, CMTS is poised for success. We value our employees and strive to create a culture that allows them to learn, grow, and thrive. We believe in promoting a work/life balance, focusing on health and wellness, being active in our community through sound business practices and employee initiatives. Come join us in our growth!
We're currently seeking a highly motivated Design Manager located in Los Angeles, California.
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor's degree in Architecture or Engineering
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
- A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California State Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
In order to become a candidate, you must possess these skills and abilities:
- Minimum 8 years full time paid professional experience managing the facilities design, or the planning and coordination of capital projects that included the overall design, contract
administration, cost estimating, and scheduling activities
- 4 years of this experience must be with the design, planning and construction of educational facilities or similar public agencies
- Manages, develops, and coordinates the district's design process for the A&E Services to ensure that plans are within functional program, budgetary, environmental, and legal
- Manages multiple projects, including engineering repair and critical repair, through interaction with Architects, consultants, and District personnel to ensure timely completion of these
- Oversees the building design process to ensure compliance with LAUSD's standards and guidelines for the district by working with design professionals and various District administrators to ensure that new and modernized structures meet both educational and building standards requirements
- Establishes and follows a process to identify and select the architectural firm best suited for each project based on the firms' qualifications and ability to meet performance standards
- Provides Architects with clear and consistent direction regarding goals and objectives,
standards, site, schedule, and budget for each project
- Establishes and follows an effective and efficient design review process to ensure that the design meets the overall goals and objectives for each project
- Provides maximum value for dollars budgeted and are appropriate and enduring to meet the functional needs of the district, the local community, and the environment
- Reviews design changes to ensure project remains within budget
- Monitors project planning and design status to report findings, recommendations, and updates
- Performs other duties as assigned
Salary: $68 - $77 Per Hour
A bonus may be granted to employees depending on individual performance, employee utilization, attendance, tenure, and furtherance of other non-financial corporate goals, bonus opportunities are available at management discretion.
CMTS LLC offers 100% company-paid medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and long-term disability insurance coverage for employees.
CMTS, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
CMTS LLCLos Angeles, CA
Arts and EntertainmentView All CMTS LLC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.