Civil Construction Inspector
- Posted: over a month ago
- $34 to $38 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Every day at CMTS, our people deliver infrastructure projects that make a difference in lives and communities. As a company with 35 years of experience, CMTS is poised for success. We value our employees and strive to create a culture that allows them to learn, grow, and thrive. We believe in promoting a work/life balance, focusing on health and wellness, being active in our community through sound business practices and employee initiatives. Come join us in our growth!
We’re currently seeking a highly motivated Civil Construction Inspector located in Salem, OR.
- High School Diploma.
Required Licenses and Certificates:
- OSHA 10 General Safety
- CPR/First Aid
Preferred Licenses and Certificates:
- State or County issued Inspector License or Certification is desirable
In order to become a candidate, you must possess these skills and abilities
- Knowledge of construction processes and methods, materials and their use, characteristics, preparation and/or installation
- Knowledge of construction standards, code requirements and standard practices
- Knowledge of characteristics and capabilities of construction equipment, and tools used in construction inspection
- Perform math calculations associated with the computation or estimation construction progress, dimensions, quantities, slopes, grades, and cost
- Administer construction public works contracts
- Read and interpret survey notes and perform survey-related computations
- Read and interpret construction plans, specifications, codes, laws and contracts
- Maintain construction records and document daily construction activities
- Review and prepare daily reports on construction of storm drain, water, sewer, and street projects
- Review and prepare daily reports on wastewater treatment, traffic signals, bridges, and parks
- Inspectors will report to a city staff Project Manager or Contract Administrator
- Communicate effectively with the public regarding project information
- Assist in the coordination of the resolution of construction problems before they become issues
- Partner with citizens, community groups and/or contractors
- Read and interpret survey notes
- Execute safety practices
$34 - $38 per hour
A bonus may be granted to employees depending on individual performance, employee utilization, attendance, tenure, and furtherance of other non-financial corporate goals, bonus opportunities are available at management discretion.
CMTS LLC offers 100% company-paid medical, dental, vision, 401k, life, and long-term disability insurance coverage for employees.
CMTS, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
We also offer an amazing Benefits Package 100% Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long-Term Disability insurance for employee, two weeks paid vacation, eight paid holidays per year including one floating holiday, 40 hours sick leave annually & 401k.
CMTS LLCWhy Work Here?
Great organization with room for advancement!
CMTS is a multifaceted company specializing in construction management and project management for public and private sectors. As a firm with prime capabilities and national reach, we offer our clients the following services: program management, owners representative, construction management, safety, project controls, cost estimating, scheduling, engineering/architectural design review, value engineering, constructibility and construction document review, commissioning and inspection services. We also offer an amazing Benefits Package 100% Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long-Term Disability insurance for employee, two weeks paid vacation, eight paid holidays per year including one floating holiday, 40 hours sick leave annually & 401k.
9320 SW Barbur Blvd.Salem, OR