Bridge Inspector DOT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Every day at CMTS, our people deliver infrastructure projects that make a difference in lives and communities. As a company with 35 years of experience, CMTS is poised for success. We value our employees and strive to create a culture that allows them to learn, grow, and thrive. We believe in promoting a work/life balance, focusing on health and wellness, being active in our community through sound business practices and employee initiatives. Come join us in our growth!
We’re currently seeking a highly motivated Bridge Inspector DOT located in Portland, OR.
- High School or GED
- Junior College level coursework in construction, building trades, or similar may substitute for working experience.
Required Licenses and Certificates:
- OSHA 10
- CPR/First Aid
- Current certification as a DOT Bridge Inspector or General Inspector with ability to obtain Bridge Inspector within 120 days of start.
- M – F, 7:00am – 4:00pm
- Minimum five years experience as a bridge inspector, and additional two to five years as a road or general civil works inspector.
- Training or technical schooling can substitute for up to two years of practical experience.
- Knowledge and ability to inspect road construction for quality and compliance.
- Knowledge of materials testing and requirement.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, calculate grades and quantities, and read grade stakes and other surveying markers.
- Perform inspection of Bridge construction in reinforced concrete and/or structural steel to assure quality and compliance with contract plans and specifications.
- Work may include concrete or asphalt paving, approaches, concrete sidewalks, curbs, gutters and storm drainage.
- On bridge structures, abutments, foundation piles and bents and other structural elements of bridge construction.
- $45.00 - $55.00/hour
Preferred skills and abilities:
- Computer and software skills related to MS Office- Word, Excel, Project, Office 365, Power Point.
- E-Builder or BlueBeam a plus.
Desired past experience:
- Work for a State or County DOT, supervisor or foreman of a road construction crew, materials tester for aggregates, concrete or asphalt a plus.
A bonus may be granted to employees depending on individual performance, employee utilization, attendance, tenure, and furtherance of other non-financial corporate goals, bonus opportunities are available at management discretion.
CMTS LLC offers 100% company-paid medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and long-term disability insurance coverage for employees.
CMTS, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our Management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
We also offer an amazing Benefits Package 100% Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long-Term Disability insurance for employee, two weeks paid vacation, eight paid holidays per year including one floating holiday, 40 hours sick leave annually & 401k.
CMTS LLCWhy Work Here?
Great organization with room for advancement!
CMTS is a multifaceted company specializing in construction management and project management for public and private sectors. As a firm with prime capabilities and national reach, we offer our clients the following services: program management, owners representative, construction management, safety, project controls, cost estimating, scheduling, engineering/architectural design review, value engineering, constructibility and construction document review, commissioning and inspection services. We also offer an amazing Benefits Package 100% Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long-Term Disability insurance for employee, two weeks paid vacation, eight paid holidays per year including one floating holiday, 40 hours sick leave annually & 401k.
9320 SW Barbur BoulevardPortland, OR