CMTS is currently seeking an Assistant Design/Construction Manager to join our team!!!
This person will perform engineering duties as being knowledgeable in all aspects of design, engineering and construction. Perform, monitor, review and coordinate various design and construction efforts related to various aspects of the project and demonstrate a commitment to Safety.
· Assist the Project Manager and Design/Construction Manager with design inquiries and other design coordination items
· Assist with ad-hoc technical meetings
· Assist with tracking design issues, documenting decisions, design change coordination and design exceptions
· Assist with permitting efforts
· Assist with assessing cost impacts, cost estimating efforts and budget refinements
· Assist with general Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) coordination
· Assist with general Safety and Security, Facilities Management, Operations and other internal agency coordination
· Coordinate with Administrator for appropriate project record keeping and files
· Participate in regular project meetings.
· Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and practices
· Demonstrated knowledge of civil engineering design principles such as coordinate geometry and plan and profile/alignment design
· Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and local building codes and requirements
· Demonstrated experience with civil design, construction management for commercial facilities
· Demonstrated experience with rail project design, real property transactions, and utility coordination
· Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written form
· Ability to be self-directed, organized and prioritize tasks
· Ability to effectively coordinate activities with other jurisdictions, consultants, utility companies and company staff
· Ability to read, interpret, and prepare engineering plans, specifications and drawings
· Ability to analyze and present quantitative data and draw conclusions from such
· Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, the general public and others
· Professional Engineer or Architect or Landscape Architect
· Preferred Certifications / License(s):
· Certification as a CCM or PMP desired, but not required
· Minimum of four (4) years total credited experience required
· Design and construction management/general engineering experience required
CMTS LLC offers 100% company-paid medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance coverage for employees.
CMTS, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our Management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
We also offer an amazing Benefits Package 100% Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long-Term Disability insurance for employee, two weeks paid vacation, eight paid holidays per year including one floating holiday, 40 hours sick leave annually & 401k.