Facilities Staff Engineer Support
- Posted: over a month ago
CMT Services is recruiting for a Facility Staff Engineer Support. MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED
CMT Services, Inc. is a dynamic and growing small business supporting Federal, State, and Local government agencies. As a SBA-certified HUBZone, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), we deliver quality, professional services to support the missions and strategic business goals of our clients. Leaning on our core values of Integrity & Commitment, CMT’s mission is to continue delivering the highest quality services to our customers by applying best practices from our team of Industry experts ensuring not only our customers success, but the establishment of CMT Services as their Reliable Partner of Choice.
Job Title: Facility Staff Engineer Support
Location: Washington DC
Department Category: Facilities Support Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisory Responsibility: No Supervisory responsibilities
POSITION SUMMARY - The Facility Staff Engineer Support is under the indirect supervision of the Facility Maintenance Supervisor as well as the day to day supervision of the school administration, the Facility Staff Engineer Helper is responsible for the general maintenance and upkeep for the school facilities and grounds. In this position s/he is responsible for all repairs and maintenance of the facilities and/or coordinating these activities with the school leadership and operations team to ensure that the building has adequate heat, lighting, ventilation, plumbing, etc. for the safety and comfort of the Client.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Facility Staff Engineer Support be responsible for:
- Assist the Facility Maintenance Supervisor with the performance of maintenance and repairs to the electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems.
- Performs minor electrical, plumbing, and general building repairs
- Assembles furniture
- Arranges desks, files and other equipment
- Set up chairs, tables, etc. for events
- Perform visual inspection of all common corridors and restrooms. Operate all fixtures therein. Make written note all deficiencies including but not limited to lights (normal, emergency, and egress) not working, vandalism, door and hardware malfunction, plumbing malfunctions, etc. Resolve items that will affect the immediate use of a room or area as soon as possible prior to its use that day. Items that will not affect the immediate use of a room or area should be resolved by the end of the school day as circumstances permit.
- Log in to SchoolDude to retrieve work orders generated previous business day after departure.
- Respond to work orders entered into SchoolDude as they are generated during each school day while on duty.
- Respond to requests from Client
- Receive deliveries from vendors. Inspect all deliveries and confirm packing slip matches items being delivered. Note any discrepancies on packing slip and bring to the attention of the Business Manager
- Monitor performance of refuse removal company. Ensure that containers are emptied per schedule
- Monitor performance of exterminator. Note sightings of pests and contact exterminator for follow up responses in between regular visits.
- Monitor performance of elevator contractor. Ensure that periodic visits are performed. Contact elevator contractor to report deficiencies or malfunctions.
- Monitor performance of exterior landscaper (in season)
- Monitor performance of snow removal vendor (in season and when occurring)
- At the direction of the Facility Maintenance Supervisor, check all sidewalks for snow and ice (in season).
- Utilize snow removal and chemical application equipment to maintain all sidewalks in safe condition.
- Log into SchoolDude, retrieve PM work orders for the week. Perform PM as scheduled and complete all PM work orders by end of school week.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- One‐year experience in building maintenance or related work
- Ability to make minor repairs of building
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to keep routine records and make reports
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance in using equipment to complete assigned tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Must maintain a “whatever it takes for our children” attitude.
- Must be flexible, have organization abilities and the ability to positively interact with children, staff and vendors in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Must support all schools on the campus as needed.
- Experience with data entry, filing, and comfort with technology is required.
- Must have the ability to compute and complete simple math concepts such as, addition and subtraction is required.
- Occasionally attending mandatory training to meet annual training requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not limited to a, personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine. No significant climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motions.
- This is a full-time position, requiring 40 hours per week with some commitment to overtime on certain days.
- The schedule is from 7:00 am – 3:30pm.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE
- Washington, DC
ANTICIPATED START DATE FOR ASSIGNMENT
DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America. Sponsorship will not be a part of this contract
- Must successfully complete a successful background
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER & ANTI-DISCRIMINATION
CMT Services, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, family status, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL-FREE WORKPLACE
CMT Services, Inc. maintains a workplace free of drug and alcohol abuse. Any unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensing, possession, or use of drugs, and the abuse of drugs or alcohol is prohibited in the business’ workplace. Any violation of the Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace policy may result in disciplinary action, up to and including discharge/termination.
CMT Services Inc
Real EstateView all jobs at CMT Services Inc