Administrative Contract Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
CMT Services, Inc. is recruiting for an Administrative Contract Manager This position is hybrid 3/4 days in office and 1/2 telework
CMT Services, Inc. (CMT) is a dynamic and growing small business supporting Federal, State, and Local governments. As an SBA-certified HUBZone, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), we deliver quality, professional services to support the missions and strategic business goals of our clients. Leaning on our core values of Integrity & Commitment, CMT’s mission is to continue delivering the highest quality services to our customers by applying best practices from our team of Industry experts ensuring not only our customers success, but the establishment of CMT Services as their Reliable Partner of Choice.
Manages architectural-engineering, construction and other professional services contracts in support of the Engineering & Construction (E&C) Team in close coordination with team technical managers and performs related duties as required.
An employee filling this position works very closely with technical managers in the E&C Team associated with each contract as well as members of the Procurement Office, including the Contracting Officer, Contracting Officer’s Representatives and other Procurement Professionals, Office of Supplier Diversity & Inclusion and the General Counsel’s Office. Work involves applying sound contracting principles and practices coupled with our client’s Procurement Regulations, Business Policies and Procedures and associated practices that constitute our client’s procurement system.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
The following statements describe the general nature and level of the work performed. They should not be considered an exhaustive list of all duties. Employees may perform other related duties as required.
- Manages all administrative provisions of the contract including the performance period and contract value, including the cumulative cost of all tasks issued under basic ordering agreements and indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity contracts.
- While coordinating with the necessary parties, schedules and conducts all pre-bid/proposal meetings.
- Schedules and conducts preconstruction meetings with contractor, other necessary staff elements, sediment control specialists, as well as state, county and local agencies.
- Manages the compliance of all contracts including subcontracting utilization in support of our client’s Minority and Supplier Diversity & Inclusion programs.
- Manages and enforces any wage-rate provisions under the contract.
- In concert with the technical managers and in coordination with the Contracting Officer and/or Contracting Officer Representative, approves, and issues change orders and field orders.
- Accepts work as being finally complete as our client’s representative.
- Conducts bid-ready contract reviews to ensure completeness.
- In concert with the technical managers, prepares and updates daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- In concert with the technical managers, reviews and recommends revisions to General Conditions, Standard Specifications and Standard Details.
- Confers with management personnel to determine needs and then, in coordination with the Contracting Officer’s Representative, develops appropriate contract tools.
- Analyzes problems in terms of contract specification requirements, service delivery, and feasibility.
- Trains others in contract compliance and enforcement.
- In concert with technical managers, receives, reviews and approves/processes all submittals and deliverables.
- In concert with technical managers, receives, reviews and approves/processes all invoices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of general contracting processes, rules and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, selection and uses of all types of design, construction and rehabilitation contracts.
- Working knowledge of water and wastewater design, construction and rehabilitation.
- Skill in making engineering computations, estimates and measurements.
- Skill in communications both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of basic design and construction management techniques.
- Ability to understand design and construction faults when working with technical managers.
- Ability to work with contractors, state, county, local agencies and the general public.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple contracts simultaneously.
- Strong teamwork skills.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Contract Management, or a related field.
- 3 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement and contract administration.
- Experience in the Contruction, Maintenace, Janitorial industry
- Certification from an accredited procurement program (such as the Institute for ‘Supply Management, the National Institute for Governmental Purchasing, APICS - The Association for Operations Management, etc.) as a Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity (CPSD), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO), Certified Public Purchasing Buyer (CPPB), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), designation as a Federal Government Acquisition Professional certified to Level II, or equivalent.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE
Largo, MD- This is a Hybrid Position- 3/4 days in office 1/2 days telework
CMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
EQUAL EMPLOYER OPPORTUNITY & ANTI-DISCRIMINATION
CMT Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL-FREE WORKPLACE
CMT Services, Inc. maintains a workplace free of drug and alcohol abuse. Any unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensing, possession, or use of drugs, and the abuse of drugs or alcohol is prohibited in the business’ workplace. Any violation of the Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace policy may result in disciplinary action, up to and including discharge/termination.
CMT Services Inc
AddressUpper Marlboro, MD
LegalView all jobs at CMT Services Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?