Pavement/Construction Management Group Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Dedicated and motivated individual that is able to manage multiple projects and personnel at the same time, focusing on completion of the projects within expectations for quality, schedule and budget. The Division Manager is responsible for providing leadership and technical expertise in pavement design, management and construction management.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES Performs a variety of administrative and technical engineering duties both in the office and in the field in support of engineering projects as required or assigned:
- Manage, provide oversight and mentoring to the Pavements and Materials team
- Provide primary guidance regarding, and perform evaluations of large project pavement evaluations
- Perform primary efforts related to expert materials engineering (expert evaluation, project troubleshooting, design-build projects, research/development of construction materials)
- Perform Construction Oversight/Resident Engineer duties for CMT QA projects
- Develop and present technical presentations for training, education and marketing purposes
- Provide technical training regarding pavements and materials practices to other CMT divisions
- Provide input and support of CMT Lab technical issues
- Perform division level invoicing / accounting month end work for Pavements and Materials division
- Review, approve and monitor team timesheets and project profitability
- Participation in/Development of CMT Strategic Planning
- Oversee position advertisement, interview and hiring
- Perform positional reviews of Pavements and Materials staff
- Review and approve project contracts
- Manage Pavements and Materials division staff employment issues
- Oversee and manage Pavements and Materials division project staffing
- Oversee and manage Pavements and Materials division staff certification and training plans
- Maintain relationships with existing customers
- Develop relationships with new customers
- Participate in development of proposals for Pavements and Materials division
- Provide assistance to the CMT marketing team as they pursue Civil Engineering projects
- Participation on local APWA, UAPA and ACI technical committees
- Develop/prepare pavement and materials strategies for design-build and teaming projects
- Participate in Marketing booth management at conferences
ESSENTIAL DIVISION FUNCTIONS (Manager expected to understand and lead in majority of these areas)
- Design, evaluation, construction, and maintenance of road pavement
- Design review, including researching public right-of-way and easements, routing designs for review and approval, reviewing plans and specifications for materials and equipment, and reviewing work to ensure relevant standards are met.
- Manage projects including development of scope, schedule and design.
- Provide construction inspection and testing of materials for Municipal Public Works and State Highway Agency (SHA) projects.
- Collect data, develop ranking criteria within Local Improvement Districts and provide construction inspection.
- Assist with assembling and writing grant applications for research projects.
- Assist with preparing material infrastructure bid documents, opening bids and preparing contracts for construction.
- Research and respond to questions on a variety of issues from contractors, municipal /SHA employees relating to the activities of the munipal Public Works/SHA including quoting related codes and ordinances when necessary, routing questions to appropriate personnel when appropriate, researching and answering questions pertaining to material standards.
- Collect statistical data on operation of various facilities and equipment, and compiles summary information based on the data collected.
- Assume responsibility for other duties as required or assigned.
- Attend meetings, conferences, workshops, and training sessions and reviews publications and audio-visual materials to become and remain current on principles, practices, and new developments in assigned work areas.
- Bachelor's of Science degree, or higher, in civil engineering
- State of Utah Professional Engineer (PE) License (Or other state PE License with commitment to acquire Utah PE License)
- Valid State of UTAH Driver's License
- Comprehension of pavement design and management concepts and basic use of pavement design software such as the AASHTOWare PavementME (MEPDG) and various programs based on AASHTO 1993 procedures to design asphalt, concrete and other pavement types.
- Experience with data analysis of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) equipment to include Falling Weight Deflectometer, profiler, skid testing, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Dynamic Done penetration (DCP), Density testing etc.
- Experience with pavement reclamation practices, such as Cold In-Place recycling (CIR) and Hot In-Place recycling (HIR).
- Ability to present and teach in front of large audiences.
- Experience with paving materials testing methods, and related national materials standards and specifications.
- Ability to apply statistical concepts in sampling and testing materials, and in analyzing data; read and understand engineering plans; communicate effectively with districts, central office, industry and other stakeholders; work with limited supervision
- Full knowledge of construction materials and specifications with great expertise in mathematical calculations used in engineering design and construction project design and cost estimations.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office to write professional reports, perform engineering analyses and develop presentations.
CMT offers a benefit package that includes a 401k plan and medical, dental, and vision insurance.
PTO and Holidays as per current CMT company policy manual (available upon request).
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
ConstructionView all jobs at CMT Laboratories