CMR Tax and Accounting provides clients a full spectrum of Tax and Accounting services delivered with a standard of excellence. We are seeking an experienced career Tax Accountant to fill one of the most critical roles in the company, a person that can work independently and with the team.
Being passionate about serving our clients is a crucial part of the job description. The right candidate is already highly capable and experienced, scheduling/calendaring, client relations, tax and accounting knowledge, and general administrative duties.
The right candidate will be willing to do anything, have an incredibly positive attitude, strong work ethic, integrity, and empathy, proficient with MS Office, Accounting Software, Tax Software, and internet technologies, prioritizing and managing multiple assignments of varying sizes and complexity.
If you are committed to client and accounting excellence and want you to be part of a growing organization that will help you expand professionally, then CMR Tax and Accounting is the place for you!
- Build and manage relationships with clients, focus on understanding their needs, delivering on agreed-upon projects, and working through difficult issues without compromising the relationship.
- Be a part of a high-performance team & excellent workplace culture.
- Independent worker and a team player.
Accounting & Tax Knowledge and Skills
- Strong knowledge of business and individual accounting and best practices.
- Able to efficiently and effectively review and prepare all types of tax returns (i.e., 1040, 1120, 1065, etc.), including multi-state and local individual, trust, partnership, and S & C Corporate income returns, as well as review of client tax calculations.
- Skilled at researching, identifying, and implementing tax planning opportunities, return preparation regarding accuracy and tax savings, then consulting with clients on these things.
- The ability to stay current on tax laws, rules, and regulations
- Knowledge of Quickbooks Desktop.
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes
- BS in Accounting or equivalent experience. CPA preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Strong competency in accounting, tax, and technical skills
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, team player
- Quick to learn with excellent retention
- Ability to work extended hours during tax season, January-April and August-October 15
- Two years of experience with Quickbooks Desktop and other accounting software
- Two years of public tax experience