CMM Realty Inc. Columbia, SC
- Posted: over a month ago
The Maintenance Supervisor works to prepare recently vacated apartments for market readiness and availability to rent to another tenant. This position will also respond to service work orders, perform HVAC repairs/troubleshooting, painting and pressure washing duties, grounds keeping, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives “make ready” assignment; gathers all necessary tools, equipment, and supplies needed to make an apartment unit available to rent.
- Checks air conditioning unit, heating unit, water heater, and all appliances; makes minor repairs if needed
- Checks lighting and plumbing fixtures; makes minor repairs and replacements as needed.
- Repairs or replaces baseboards or trim as needed.
- Checks all doors and windows and re-keys all locks.
- Repairs holes in walls and performs painting duties as needed.
- Responds to service calls to make less technical repairs or replacements
- Performs pool maintenance and landscape duties as needed, including pressure washing and cleaning.
- Universal EPA license, ability to handle Freon and work on HVAC
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and complete standard paperwork.
- Able to work in moderately difficult environments and to regularly lift items weighing up to and occasionally above 50 lbs.
- Prior make ready work at a residential property
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform basic work in HVAC, electrical, plumbing, painting, and carpentry
- Ability to understand basic instructions and follow a checklist of tasks
- Skill in using basic hand tools
- Knowledge of safety procedures
- Ability to assess detailed repairs and replacements in a vacant apartment to make it available for a new resident
While performing the duties of the Maintenance Supervisor, the employee is required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands and fingers to control objects, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. The employee must be able to lift 25 pounds individually and up to 50 pounds with assistance devices (dollies, hand trucks, additional persons). While performing the duties of this job the employee normally works primarily in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse weather conditions.
It should not be construed that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employee will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties and tasks as may be required by supervisor.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
CMM Realty Inc.
Real EstateView all jobs at CMM Realty Inc.