FULL-TIME IT NETWORK TECHNICIAN MANAGER (Columbus, GA)
compensation: Based on experience, competencies and skills assessment
employment type: full-time
Why Work For Us?
v Leave the corporate world behind!
v Family owned and operated
v Fast growing, 4 years young business – tremendous growth opportunity
v Great team with flexible work environment - team that averages 20 years experience
v Blue-chip client list – Professional, strategic partnerships are our goal
Come join an established and growing technology firm located in West-central Georgia and East-central Alabama. CMIT Solutions of Columbus is a regional leader providing customers with Managed IT Services, Professional IT Services, Hardware/Software Sales & Support and Consulting Services.
We are seeking a full-time Support Technician to provide remote & on-site support to our clients. Candidates will provide day-to-day installation & technical support for servers, network infrastructure, desktop systems (both software and hardware) in diverse multi-client environments. Candidate communicates technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel. Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades. May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects. May conduct training programs designed to educate an organization’s computer users about basic and specialized applications.
This position will receive moderate to no supervision depending on experience. The job starts promptly at 8:30am sharp Monday - Friday. Lunch is from 12:00pm – 1:00pm. This position occasionally requires evening & weekend on-call duty.
- A self-starter with proven computer and networking capabilities
- Excellent (proven) people skills is required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to project a positive service attitude is a MUST
- Ability to develop rapport and present and promote products and services to potential clients/partners is a MUST
- Ability to assess technology needs/requirements and develop a solution to meet them is a MUST
- 5+ years of experience in the implementation and configuration of server-based environments (not peer-to-peer)
- Expert at 3rd party hardware and software troubleshooting
- Expert knowledge of networking (i.e.) TCP/IP, NAT, DHCP, DNS, VPN, OSI model
- VPN infrastructure design and administration (PTP, client based, Encrypted, IPsec)
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 Operating Systems
- Expert with Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012; Small Business Server 2003/2008/2012; Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010
- Advanced knowledge of Remote Management Systems/Software/Agents
- Advanced knowledge of virtualization technologies from host to virtualized machine management and administration (Hyper-V; VMWare; Citrix Xen)
- Extensive experience with onsite/offsite backup configurations as well as data restorations; Experience with SAN and NAS backup environments
- Expert knowledge of DNS and Domain Name management (DNS troubleshooting; A, MX, CNAME record management and troubleshooting)
- Expert Knowledge of setting up and configuring printers in a network environment (Print Server management; LDAP integration; Remote access security and administration; user login scripting)
- Expert Knowledge of installing and configuring Enterprise level antivirus software
- Basic Knowledge of Scripting Languages and HTML
- Ability to work independently and efficiently manage time
- Ability to work with team members and provide leadership on special projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MSCE/MCP/MCTS certification is a plus but not required
- A+, Network+, Security+ certification desirable but not required if work experience is comparable (skills assessment review)
- 90% OF HOURS ARE BETWEEN 8 am - 5 pm M-F
Strong Windows/Mac skills, basic business networking skills and necessary communication/customer service skills. Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (or related field) a plus.
This is a full-time position.
For consideration, candidate should be located in the west-central Georgia or east-central region of Alabama for quick dispatch to client offices. Muscogee, Harris, Russell or Lee counties preferred.
Bachelors degree in related field preferred
Candidate must have reliable transportation and a drivers license.
Candidates must be able to pass an extensive background check and drug screen.
Candidate may be required to take a pre-employment skills and behavioral assessment
Network Technicians are required to read and understand all company marketing and promotional materials as they relate to the sales of the company's services and products.
For more information about CMIT Solutions of Columbus, visit www.cmitsolutions.com/columbus
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
DO NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Excellent Growth Opportunity
CMIT Solutions of Columbus
Why Work Here?Come join an established and growing technology firm located in West-central Georgia and East-central Alabama. CMIT Solutions of Columbus is a regional leader providing customers with Managed IT Services, Professional IT Services, Hardware/Software Sales & Support and Consulting Services. Family Owned Fast growing Excellent Growth Opportunity
Great ground level opportunity to work for the fastest growing IT MSP in Columbus and in the country