Aerospace Quality Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Aerospace Quality Engineer
CMI Group Quality Engineers provide quality assurance input and oversight to both new product development and sustaining production.
Location: 3617 E La Salle St, Phoenix, AZ 85040
Shift: Full time, day shift
Aerospace Quality Engineer role requires a mix of working with:
- Compliance with current procedures.
- Data analysis of current processes.
- Critical thinking/writing skills for development and documenting improved processes.
- Auditing the requirements of the company Quality Manual and customer requirements to ensure full and cost-effective compliance.
- This position will be responsible for the entire quality management system AS9100.
Aerospace Quality Engineer Job Descriptions:
- Represent Quality Assurance during new product development, including planning and design reviews to ensure the intended process will yield hardware compliant with all applicable requirements, including all inputs (raw material requirements, tooling requirements, etc.) and outputs (raw data and statistical analysis of data).
- Supervise the Quality Assurance department.
- Lead the creation and approval of a program Quality Program Plan that extracts customer (e.g., the voice of the customer) and company requirements and defines a cost-effective plan to ensure compliance; including all relevant data collection and analysis schemes to track and respond to any unacceptable product, tooling or process capability metrics.
- Establish and flow down key performance indicators (KPIs) to each program team and identify both the method and frequency of data collection and reporting to program teams and to management.
- Where prudent (related to quality), lead FMEA, RCCA, Kaizen events, etc. related to continual improvement.
- Oversee the proper use of quality measurement tools and systems to ensure full drawing and specification compliance.
- Assist in selecting and acquiring equipment/tooling as required.
- Perform internal audits as a lead auditor as assigned.
- Evaluate and recommend QA sampling plans for vendors and internal programs based on desired confidence limits, process capabilities, and manufacturing/inspection methods and equipment.
- Provide technical guidance and training to other team members in statistical analysis techniques, data analysis, sampling techniques, and other traditional QA Engineering areas of expertise.
- Actively participate in the company’s Lean Enterprise program.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
- BS degree in technical or quality discipline.
- 4+ years of quality engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Aerospace composites experience preferred.
- ASQ certifications received or in process of being received.
- Proficient in the use of general shop tools, inspection tools, and test equipment; sound mathematical and technical skills.
- CMI Group facilities are ITAR regulated. Employees must be able to meet the US Person requirement.
Team oriented company with top paying wages and benefits in the valley in regards to the Aerospace Industry. To qualify for consideration, all candidates must be able to work 40+ hours per week in a fast paced, high-demand, quality environment. All candidates must also have sufficient verbal and written communication skills as well as good problem solving skills.
CMI Group is equal opportunity employer providing competitive wages and benefits. Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance available. 401(k) with company match and company funded Profit Sharing plan.
This is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant due to age, race, disability, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, gender or any other protected classification. VEVRAA federal subcontractor. This company provides provide equal employment opportunities to applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, or disabilities in compliance with federal and state laws including:
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964 as Amended
- Age Discrimination Act of 1967 as Amended
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974
- Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act of 2009 (ADAAA)
- The Wagner-Peyser Act as Amended.
- The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. 1681 et seq
CMI Group Aerospace & Defense
Get fresh Aerospace Quality Assurance Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!