We are seeking a Full-Time Medical Assistant for our busy Urgent Care/ Primary Care Practice. We are located in the Laurel/ Maple Lawn area.
We are seeking for a highly a motivated Medical Assistant with experience in Primary Care or/ and Urgent Care. Candidates must be reliable and capable of performing various clinical and administrative duties to keep our healthcare practice running efficiently. Our Medical Assistants work directly with healthcare practice staff to triage patients, collect test samples, perform waived lab testing, perform EKGs, PFTSs, maintain patient records, follow up with patients, prep exam rooms, order laboratory test, give injections/ immunizations, start IVs, explain common medical procedures to patients and assist in basic examinations. An ideal candidate will also have a strong administrative background (front desk, registration experience) well.
- Medical Assistant Certification, Associate degree in a Medical Assisting, Certified Nursing Assistant
- 2+ years of experience working for a Healthcare Practice, Primary Care, Urgent Care
- In-depth knowledge of Medical Terminology & Pharmacology
- High level of professionalism & teamwork skills
- Strong customer service skills & bed-side-manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Administrative, EMR & computer skills