Fair Lending Specialist - Mortgage
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Fair Lending Specialist (Risk Data Analyst) is responsible for gathering, optimizing, interpreting and presenting operational and cost data to the Risk Analytics Manager for reporting to senior management, investors and regulators. Leveraging their depth of mortgage-specific knowledge, the Risk Data Analyst will prepare and deliver prescriptive analytics that will enhance the quality of loans originated and purchased by CMG.
The Fair Lending Specialist (Risk Data Analyst) is extremely proficient in understanding mortgage loan data and standard industry processes for a full-scale mortgage banking company. A firm understanding of short and long-term risk related to mortgages is necessary, including how those risks evolve throughout the life of the loan – from origination through servicing.
The ideal candidate for this position is one who not only meets the requirements of this position, but who is also eager to get into the weeds operationally. You want to find weaknesses and brainstorm ways to strengthen processes, and when your ideas don’t fit, you’re motivated to come up with new ideas. You want time to play with data independently, but you also enjoy working with others toward a common goal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES, includes the following responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Manually scrub data from various Operational and Risk departments for senior management and investor reporting.
- Apply current federal laws and regulatory requirements governing mortgage, including TILA, RESPA, TRID, ECOA, GLBA, QM/ATR during analysis.
- Apply knowledge of investor and governmental agency guidelines (FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, RHS) to categorization and analysis of operational deficiencies.
- Coordinate with stakeholders in various departments throughout the organization to obtain policies and procedures that govern individual areas, utilizing risk data to identify operational weaknesses.
- Utilize prescriptive analytics to make recommendations for improvement to operational processes.
- Prepare RMLA data for Mortgage Call Report submission for all lines of business on a quarterly basis.
Key Departmental Focus:
- Quality Control, Compliance, Information Technology, Operations (Processing, Underwriting, Closing), Internal and External Audit, Vendor Management, Servicing, Representations and Warranties, Insuring.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the mortgage industry (origination, servicing, insurance) with at least 2 of those years in a risk-related capacity. Underwriting experience is preferred (front-end or forensic).
- Mortgage-specific loan origination system experience (prefer experience with DataTrac, Byte Pro, FNMA Loan Quality Connect).
- SharePoint, XML and SQL experience is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience utilizing Microsoft Excel in a professional setting (solid intermediate-level experience required).
- Must be comfortable task-switching and re-prioritizing workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work remotely in a paperless environment while adhering to strict privacy rules and regulations (necessary equipment will be provided).
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Direct Reports: N/A
PHYSICAL and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Standard office environment, equipment and tasks, including work at a computer terminal.
This position requires partial sitting and walking throughout the day. Employee must be open to work overtime to complete assigned tasks.
CMG Financial currently operates in most states, including District of Columbia, and holds federal agency lending approvals with HUD, VA, RHS, GNMA, FNMA and FHLMC. Throughout the mortgage banking and housing markets, CMG Financial is widely known for responsible lending practices, industry and consumer advocacy, product innovation, and operational efficiency.
CMG FinancialWhy Work Here?
Join CMG Financial to work with a great team supporting our Retail, Wholesale, and Correspondent lending channels.
CMG Financial is a well-capitalized, privately held mortgage-banking firm founded in 1993. The company makes its products and services available to the market through three distinct origination channels including Correspondent Lending, Wholesale Lending, and Retail Lending. CMG Financial currently operates in most states, including District of Columbia, and holds federal agency lending approvals with HUD, VA, RHS, GNMA, FNMA and FHLMC. Throughout the mortgage banking and housing markets, CMG Financial is widely known for responsible lending practices, industry and consumer advocacy, product innovation, and operational efficiency.
AddressSan Ramon, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at CMG Financial