Looking for a positive and friendly Speech Therapist to join our growing team of professionals.
We currently have opportunities available in a pediatric clinical setting.
• Reviews physician's referral and patient's diagnosis; develops patient/therapist relationship by obtaining pertinent subjective information with regard to the diagnosis
• Performs evaluations on new referrals including identifying impairments, determining the level of improvement and documenting findings in order to develop and review treatment programs
• Services application of therapeutic techniques in areas such as; cognitive-communication; speech intelligibility; oral motor skills; and swallowing disorders/dysphasia. Additional therapeutic techniques included are orientation, memory, pragmatics, psychosocial expression and/or communication.
• Re-evaluates effects of treatment in various stages and adjusts as necessary to achieve maximum benefit.
• Dictates and/or writes progress letters and initial letters to be typed and sent to referring physicians; records pertinent data in form of notes after each treatment session in the patient's chart.
• Properly document Medicare forms.
• Instructs patient and family in treatment procedures to be continued at home; reviews family's and patient's competency of procedures; provides written copy of treatment to be continued at home.
• Communicates with physicians or their staff by phone or in writing to obtain additional patient information. May suggest revisions in treatment as appropriate.
• Utilizes effective communication skills with physicians, patients, families, insurance carriers, case workers, and co-workers, etc.
• Orients, instructs and directs work activities of technicians and students.
• Participates in QA and staff meetings (professional and general).
• Complies with Florida requirements for licensure (i.e. ethical conduct, continuing education and license renewal). MINIMUM
• Bachelor of Science degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited program, Master's degree preferred.
• Current professional licensure to practice in Florida
• Ability to read and write
CMG - Corporate Office
Why Work Here?
Great company, longevity and co-workers!