Outside Sales Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Find, obtain, and maintain new clients while increasing volume of business with existing clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Identifies prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and other prospecting behaviors.
· Contacts new and existing customers to discuss their needs and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services.
· Answers customers’ questions about products, prices, availability and product uses.
· Selects the correct products or assists customers in making product selections based on customers’ needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations.
· Submits design requests to design team and present design packet to customer.
· Obtain quotes from estimating department and negotiates prices and terms of sales agreements with customer.
· Prepares sales contracts for orders obtained and submits orders for processing.
· Works with project management team when appropriate.
· Coordinates with customer via customer facility visits or contacting by phone.
· Conducts follow-up customer visits to ensure that equipment is functioning properly and assists in customers’ employee training to operate and maintain new equipment when necessary.
· Establishes professional customer/vendor relationships with appropriate customer personnel (purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, general contractors, management, other key personnel).
· Participates in company-sponsored weekly meetings to review sales performance, sales goals, and profitability.
· Maintains customer records using automated systems.
· Maintain professional behavior in and out of the work environment regarding staff, vendors, and clients always. This includes emails, phone calls, written documents, meetings etc. that are representative of the company.
· Must dress professionally when in the office or meeting with clients.
· Performs any directly related appropriate duties assigned by the sales manager.
· Performs assigned duties with minimum personal supervision from the sales manager.
· Attend safety and company-wide meetings as required.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Solid organizational skills; able to multi-task and complete requests in a timely and professional manner.
· Resourceful; can devise creative solutions to problems.
· Maintain a clean driving record.
· Read and write English.
· Speaking—Talking to others to convey information effectively.
· Critical Thinking—Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
· Time Management—Managing one’s own time and reporting accurately.
CMG - Corporate Office