Box Truck Driver
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Drives box truck or van over various routes to deliver products or materials. Ensures exceptional customer satisfaction with each delivery made.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Make deliveries to customer job sites or sites of business while adhering to all safety procedures.
- Load and unload materials, make deliveries, and return undelivered material to the warehouse.
- Check quantities of goods received and obtain proper signatures for deliveries.
- Make deliveries of merchandise to customers, other branch locations and/or to final destination.
- Project a positive company image when delivering directly to our customers.
- Assist with the scheduling, loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Inspect truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition. Be responsible for general care and maintenance of the vehicle assigned to driver.
- Check items assembled to make certain the proper items are being delivered as per the sales ticket.
- Maintain a good driving record and be properly licensed.
- Maintain driver log according to DOT regulations.
- Keep accurate records and submits expense reports for reimbursement of expenditures as required.
- Have a good working knowledge of the delivery area served.
- Schedule all necessary deliveries and pick-ups of materials and packages for company using the most efficient and effective means.
- Ability to assist warehouse personnel with the following, but not limited to: warehouse housekeeping duties, withdrawal of merchandise to fill orders, packaging and labeling of orders, storing and shelving of merchandise, relocation and/or rearrangement of stock as required.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CMG - Corporate Office
Transportation and Storage