MENTAL HEALTH/SUBSTANCE ABUSE THERAPIST
Provides mental health services to all clients which include assessments and evaluation, crisis intervention and stabilization, outpatient counseling and psychotherapy, and support case management.
Supervised by: Clinical Director
The Mental Health/Substance Abuse Therapist will be responsible for providing mental health and substance abuse treatment services in an outpatient facility. The specific duties will include:
1. Clinical assessments, treatment, case management, consultation, referral and education
according to the individual’s professional discipline. Services shall be provided in
accordance with the established Florida Mental Health and Substance Abuse Standards
as well as within the scope of practice of the individual.
2. Conduct psychosocial evaluations and provide therapeutic interventions including crisis
counseling to individuals, groups and families as needed to facilitate.
3. Evaluate the individual and family systems as well as assess client’s functioning within
work, family and routines of daily living and identifies areas needing continued support,
resources and treatment in order to assist clients.
4. Develop, implement, and maintain partnerships with other community providers.
5. Maintain case records to reflect course of treatment and provide required documentation.
Provide follow-up and aftercare planning services as needed. Expeditiously discharges
6. Provide emergency services during work hours and after hours as assigned.
7. Attend staff meetings, supervisory conferences, and other activities, which ensure the
smooth functioning of clinical operations.
8. Other duties as determined by the Clinical Director.
Education: . Master’s degree or higher in mental health field. Must possess a license or be license eligible from the State of Florida Mental Health Professions Licensing Board.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience in the mental health/substance abuse field with co-occurring disorders. Experience working in an outpatient facility. Experience in providing individual and group counseling; experience in crisis intervention and conflict resolution; excellent interpersonal skills and ability.
Other Requirements: Must possess a valid Driver’s License. Must pass a background screening and must adhere to random drug screening.