Supervisor of Special Inspections, PE
CME Associates Rochester, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
CME is a multi-talented and multi-disciplined engineering technology corporation that provides Construction Materials Evaluation and Technical Support Services to owners and professionals engaged in design, construction and maintenance of buildings and infrastructure. CME's services are provided by and under the responsible charge of in-house licensed professionals and certified technologists.
The Supervisor of Special Inspections is a Licensed Civil Engineer (PE) who serves as the project engineer in-responsible-charge of CME’s contracted special inspections and structural tests and works closely and will travel (day trips) visiting commercial construction sites to perform work.
- Initial set-up and management of the Project Special Inspections Program
- Act as a consultant on construction related problems, failures or issues
- Attend pre-installation conferences and relay Inspection Program requirements to team
- Technical review of test/inspection reports for compliance with the construction contract documents and the New York Building Codes
- Perform on-site inspections and report results
- Certification of the Inspection/Testing Program at project completion
- Act as liaison with Registered Design Professionals and Code Enforcement Officials
- Serve as Owner's Agent in execution of the Special Inspections Program and exercise duty of care to the public
- Manage non-conformance list, prepare project test & inspection plans
- Assist in the prevention of construction material failures and workmanship problems
- Technical supervision, technical evaluations and mentorship of engineering technologists and inspectors
- Working knowledge of the latest codes and standards governing the special inspections and structural tests
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret construction plans and specifications
- A friendly, forthright, diplomatic, communicative business demeanor
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with established policies and regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) required; New York State Professional Engineer License desired
- Bachelor’s degree, Civil Engineering or similar
- Five (5) years of demonstrable experience conducting, supervising and evaluating structural tests and inspections is desirable
- Valid driver's license
Benefits and Perks
CME offers competitive wages and all benefits listed here: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Health Savings Account, Supplemental Insurance Products, and Paid Time Off (including Holiday, Vacation, Sick and Personal). All benefits become available to eligible employees upon completion of an eligibility period.
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws.
CME Associates, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Employer.
A New York State Certified Woman Owned Business Enterprise (WBE).
Powered by JazzHR
EducationView all jobs at CME Associates