CME is a multi-talented and multi-disciplined engineering technology corporation that provides Construction Materials Evaluation and Technical Support Services to owners and professionals engaged in design, construction and maintenance of buildings and infrastructure. CME's services are provided by and under the responsible charge of in-house licensed professionals and certified technologists.
CME promotes employee active involvement, creativity, and support to achieve CME's goals. Join our team and be a part of the CME’s success!
The Construction Materials Testing Technician (CMT) must have complete knowledge of the procedures for performing material testing services. The CMT must be able to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications. The CMT must be properly certified for each testing procedure performed or performing under the direction of a certified technician while working toward certification.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contact CME dispatcher daily to receive schedule for the following day.
- Complete each testing assignment accurately and in accordance with the appropriate standard.
- Have appropriate equipment, tools and expendables to complete each assignment.
- Record and report test results in a clear, concise manner.
- Read construction drawings and specifications and correctly interpret test results.
- Turn in field data records and completed reports for each project daily.
- Communicate regularly with direct supervisor to provide updates on project details.
- Learn and listen to Field Supervisors/Special Inspectors for continuing education and preparation for additional certifications.
- Test and inspect construction materials such as soils, concrete, masonry, hot mix asphalt, spray applied fireproofing, welding & bolting, structural steel, and more for quality control/quality assurance in laboratory, on construction job sites, and in material batch plants.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma required.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering Technology Studies or related is desired.
- Desirable Certifications for this position: International Code Council (ICC) Special Inspector categories: Reinforced Concrete, Soils, Masonry, Spray Applied Fireproofing, Steel & Bolt, or Steel & Weld, American Concrete Institute (ACI) Grade 1, NETCCP Soils & Aggregate.
- Possess ability to maintain effective working relationships with managers, co-workers and clients through clear communication and proactive progress reporting.
- Familiarity with construction materials, procedures and documents a plus.
- Must possess and maintain a valid New York State Driver’s License that meets or exceeds CME’s driving requirements.
Benefits and Perks
CME offers competitive wages and all benefits listed here: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Health Savings Account, Supplemental Insurance Products, and Paid Time Off (including Holiday, Vacation, Sick and Personal). Some restrictions in benefits may apply to part time employees. All benefits become available to eligible employees upon completion of an eligibility period.
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
CME Associates, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Employer.
A New York State Certified Woman Owned Business Enterprise (WBE).