Energy Efficiency Account Manager
CMC Energy Services Columbia, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Energy Efficiency Account Manager will be responsible for acquiring non-residential utility customer participation in utility energy efficiency programs. With an individualized energy savings goal, they will be tasked to build awareness within their assigned industry sector based vertical. They will serve as the liaison between the utility customers, Trade Ally Account Mangers and technical engineering teams for a comprehensive account management function to contribute the overall program energy savings goal.
Primary Industry Sectors include:
- National Accounts
- Schools: K-12/Higher Education
- Work as part of the energy efficiency team ensuring that the implementation of client sponsored energy projects are successfully executed.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for potential and participating business customers and contractors within an assigned industry sector. Maintain and/or develop ongoing customer relationships to ensure customer satisfaction and develop future energy efficiency opportunities specific to customer’s business initiatives
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on energy efficient technologies and practices to building owners/operators, architects, engineers, contractors, builders and other market actors participating in client-sponsored energy efficiency programs. Must be able to effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Independently build and maintain relationships with key market actors in the building energy industry including energy consultants, builders, public officials, public interest groups, building owners and utility customers.
- Recruit, train and educate affiliated customers to identify projects qualifying for utility programs and instruct them on the process for application.
- Secure appointments with top decision makers to discuss business solutions; including energy efficiency, sustainability and enhancement and modernization of a facilities infrastructure.
- Work with customers to complete the program application. Identify and communicate to appropriate stakeholders to gather necessary documentation needed for participation.
- Review technical specifications, engineering calculations and cost estimates for energy efficiency projects.
- Work directly with utility client’s Large Customer Service Account Management team to capture energy efficiency opportunities, drive program awareness and customer participation through utility managed accounts.
- Actively pursue, plan and leverage internal and external relationships to drive business.
- Facilitate connecting managed accounts with technical engineering team and Trade Allly resources to achieve full customer and program satisfaction.
- Maintain the tracking and managing of account management activities with leads, opportunities and activities in the field within the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM).
- Routinely prepare status reports to accurately describe activities in the field and monitor progress towards program goals.
- Drive energy saving conversations and program guidelines with target customers.
- Conduct work in compliance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Energy, Building Science, Construction Management, Business) or related trade experience.
- 3+ years of experience in commercial and industrial energy, building efficiency, or utility channels.
- 2+ years of sales and/or account management experience. Extensive industry vertical customer expertise enabling effective communications at the highest level of the customer’s organization ideal.
- Knowledge and/or experience within customer industry sectors such as National Accounts, Schools: K-12/Higher Education, Healthcare/Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing/Industrial, City/Government/Municipalities is highly preferred.
- Customer engagement skills at senior levels; building long-term strategic and executive relationships.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaborate with counterparts in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Certified Energy Manager, LEED or other industry certifications preferred.
- Working knowledge of building science and energy systems.
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and US policies for energy efficiency preferred.
- Strong organizational, project management, problem solving and prioritization skills necessary.
- Resourcefulness to meet tight deadlines and flexibility with fluctuating priorities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle required. Compliance with acceptable vehicle insurance levels as outlined in the company policy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
Learn more about the story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw
Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com
CMC Energy Services encourages diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
CMC Energy ServicesWhy Work Here?
Work for a great company that prides itself on energy efficiency and investing in their employees! 40 years strong and still growing!
At CMC Energy, we are passionate about our vision of a more livable and sustainable planet for all. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money and to make the buildings we live and work in more comfortable and more efficient. If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you! CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package. Learn more about the story: https://youtu.be/4UhMnmcEkXw Check us out at: www.cmcenergy.com CMC Energy Services encourages diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.