Mechanical/Electrical - Fit To Operate Engineer (Texas)
CLYDE INDUSTRIES INC Texarkana, AR
- Posted: over a month ago
- $31 to $36 Hourly
Region: Central US
Clyde Industries is the preeminent provider of highly engineered boiler efficiency/cleaning systems, spare parts and services for the global pulp & paper industry and a leader in providing equipment and aftermarket part solutions for industrial applications with a top flight team operating in North America, South America, Scandinavia and Indonesia. Clyde Industries has developed significant innovations in our core sootblower offering, encompassing mission critical technologies designed to remove residue and deposits that build up in recovery and power boilers (with such residue creating safety hazards, process efficiency reductions or complete boiler shutdown if not properly eliminated).
Clyde Industries not only provides the equipment, but a host of related services and aftermarket assistance to support our customers’ operations, with a particular focus on and expertise in helping established and emerging pulp & paper customers. Clyde Industries is constantly innovating to expand its offerings with a focus on continuing to drive increased value for customers. As a global leader of highly engineered industrial applications and service provider of the highest caliber, Clyde Industries looks forward to building on its history of innovation and superior customer-centric solutions.
Clyde Industries is actively hiring for a Mechanical/Electrical Fit To Operate (FTO) Engineer. We are seeking a friendly, outgoing professional who knows about industrial equipment and can work to ensure that we assist our customers with determining the operational fitness of their equipment. Maintaining a high level of customer engagement and satisfaction is critical to your success in this role. Our Fit To Operate Team is focused on personal and professional development so that we may better serve our customers and each other. We are looking to hire someone with a service driven attitude that has the desire to learn, grow, and lead by example. If you love working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, we’re excited to discuss this position with you.
Travel is required for this position. Technicians should expect to travel Monday to Friday of each week. Travel will be in the Central (US) and at times travel will be on short notice.
This is a nonexempt position and our targeted hourly rate for the position is $31 to $36 per hour and offers will be made depending on experience. This position is Full Time with comprehensive health and wellness benefits.
Summary of Responsibilities (not comprehensive of all tasks):
The FTO Engineer is responsible for performing a full range of field survey duties for boiler cleaning equipment from various manufacturers. Assignments include electrical and mechanical equipment inspections, diagnosis and correction of problems with equipment, system condition and performance assessments, instruction of customer personnel on operation, maintenance and servicing of equipment, proposal development, technical sales support and professional technical report writing. Technician will conduct field surveys in support of Boiler Studies assessing the mechanical fitness of equipment on industrial and power boilers.
Other duties will include:
· Working with the Business Development Department and Sales Reps to support clients with mechanical risk assessments.
· Travel to companies for maintenance and installations to conduct evaluations of existing boiler cleaning equipment and port rodders.
· Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to perform credible risk assessments and economic evaluations at plant sites as to whether to rebuild/refurbish/replace boiler cleaning equipment.
· Provide training to customers to broaden awareness and knowledge of the equipment and risks.
· Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are needed in this role.
· Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work and travel in the US and Canada is required.
· Must have multi craft maintenance electrical/mechanical skills.
· PLC experience a plus.
· Must be comfortable working around industrial boiler equipment.
· Working knowledge of pumps, motors, pneumatics and a general mechanical ability is a must.
· Required to work in confined spaces.
· Experience with UT and Phased Array NDT a plus.
· Previous experience working with sootblowers or industrial boilers in the pulp/paper or utility industries is a plus.
· Welding experience is a plus.
Cross-discipline (Mechanical/Electrical) familiarity is preferred. Periodic educational training will be required. Strong knowledge of computer operations is required.
Clear verbal communication, strong hearing/listening skills, must maintain a professional appearance, ability to walk distances, standing or sit for long periods of time, and strong visual skills.
Environmental Working Conditions:
Work for this role is performed inside and outside in an industrial environment (i.e., power plants, paper mills, refineries, etc.).
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Clyde Industries is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans.
CLYDE INDUSTRIES INC
ManufacturingView all jobs at CLYDE INDUSTRIES INC