CLYDE INDUSTRIES INC Atlanta, GA
- Posted: 20 days ago
- $50,000 to $57,000 Yearly
Clyde Industries is actively hiring for a Jr. Buyer to join our team! This is a great opportunity for someone that wants to learn and gain international manufacturing buyer experience. The Junior Buyer is a recent college graduate that wants to start their career as a buyer for a manufacturing company or is a current Buyer in a manufacturing environment that wants to expand their career for a large international organization.
This is an exempt position and our targeted annual salary for the position is $50,000-$57,000 annually and offers will be made depending on experience. This position is full time with comprehensive health and wellness benefits. Clyde Industries is located at: 4015 Presidential Parkway Atlanta, GA USA 30340
Summary of Responsibilities (not comprehensive of all tasks):
- Develop and authorize all purchase orders and ensure company compliance, policy, and procedure.
- Monitor all purchase orders and maintain effective relationship with vendors, planners, and sourcing team.
- Develop and maintain relationship with new vendors. Manage items information, and update purchasing data in MRP System (Visual Mfg).
- Establish and maintain adequate stock levels to prevent stock outs caused by delivery delay and take necessary actions to ensure availability of product.
- Supervise all products and monitor for transport damage and return goods.
- Monitor all invoices and price issues along with delivery related problems.
- Evaluate performance of all carriers, vendors and deliverables and make recommendations to improve processes for international buying process.
- Maintain effective customer service to ensure timely delivery and maintain track of product progress and development.
- Manage vendor relations, production delivery, and maintain effective system monitor of all product delivered for vendors.
- Prepare and evaluate all bids, contacts, and vendor agreements to ensure accuracy on prices.
- Manage all communication and negotiations with suppliers on price and delivery terms to reduce inventory levels and cost.
- Monitor all returns to vendors and coordinate with accounting departments and warehouses.
- Prepare and manage offers from beginning to end and prepare supplier contracts and delivery schedule.
- Lead performance reviews with suppliers
- Manage risk mitigation
- Track the PMI for trends, material shortages, potential price increases and update senior management accordingly.
- Stay up to date with basic international customs regulations, country duty rates, tariffs, and importation formalities.
- Must have 2+ years of buyer experience OR have the desire to grow into this position.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude always in a dynamic work environment.
- Reliability and punctuality are a must.
- Commitment to continuous learning and training opportunities that support job responsibilities.
- Work well as part of a team as well as independently.
- Self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Remain flexible about duties and expectations as Clyde Industries grows and changes.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required. Cross-discipline (Mechanical/Electrical) familiarity is preferred. Periodic educational training will be required.
Clyde Industries is the preeminent provider of highly engineered boiler efficiency/cleaning systems, spare parts and services for the global pulp & paper industry and a leader in providing equipment and aftermarket part solutions for industrial applications with a top flight team operating in North America, South America, Scandinavia and Indonesia. Clyde Industries has developed significant innovations in our core sootblower offering, encompassing mission critical technologies designed to remove residue and deposits that build up in recovery and power boilers (with such residue creating safety hazards, process efficiency reductions or complete boiler shutdown if not properly eliminated).
Clyde Industries not only provides the equipment, but a host of related services and aftermarket assistance to support our customers’ operations, with a particular focus on and expertise in helping established and emerging pulp & paper customers. Clyde Industries is constantly innovating to expand its offerings with a focus on continuing to drive increased value for customers. As a global leader of highly engineered industrial applications and service provider of the highest caliber, Clyde Industries looks forward to building on its history of innovation and superior customer-centric solutions.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Clyde Industries is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans.
CLYDE INDUSTRIES INC
BusinessView all jobs at CLYDE INDUSTRIES INC