Medical Laboratory Technicians- High Complexity
CLJ Consulting And Contracting LLC San Antonio, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Medical Laboratory Technicians with High Complexity Experience.
- Performing qualitative and quantitative testing in a high complexity clinical laboratory (moderate complexity for chemistry section) using various analyzers and/or manual methods on specimen sources such as blood, urine, and other body fluids using established procedures.
- Organizing work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens. Arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surface clean and orderly in accordance to local protocol.
- Maintaining quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced troubleshooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Processing biological fluids (blood, urine, and other body fluids) in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintaining positive identification of final reports and specimen from time of receipt until final released report.
- Recognizing and reacting to instrument malfunctions by troubleshooting and resolving minor problems, performing routine and periodic maintenance of all equipment as scheduled, and performing routine Quality Control (QC) to ensure all QC results fall within established control limits, as well as documents all corrective action.
- Entering patient results into the Laboratory Information System and recording new lots of reagents and runs appropriate quality control prior to releasing patient results.
- Maintaining occupational proficiency in the use of the Composite Health Care System (CHCS) and other LIS systems (i.e. HCLL, Essentris, LifeTrak) as required in performing daily tasks. Contributing to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors and co-workers by following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations. Performing or assisting with CAP surveys as directed.
- Eligible to attain a National Agency Check (NAC)
- MUST have an associate degree in biological or chemical sciences or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution
- MUST be certified by an approved organization such as the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), American Medical Technologists (AMT) or National Certification Agency for Medical Laboratory Personnel (NCA)
Location: Brook Army Medical Center ( BAMC), Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA) San Antonio, Texas
Our clients know that we have their best interests at heart, managing their mission intelligently, while providing honest, timely, and executable means to achieve their mission goals.
CLJ Consulting And Contracting LLCWhy Work Here?
Awesome CEO, Great Benefits, and lots of room for growth!
CLJ Consulting and Contracting LLC (CLJ) is an 8(a) certified Woman- Owned Small Business (WOSB), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) where performance, pride, and precision are the hallmarks of every engagement. Our clients know that we have their best interests at heart, managing their mission intelligently, while providing honest, timely, and executable means to achieve their mission goals.