CLJ Consulting And Contracting LLC Washington, DC
- Posted: over a month ago
- $28 to $30 Hourly
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review Suspicious Activity Reports (SARS) to assess whether they meet threshold criteria for further review (e.g. credible, actionable, subject matter is within SEC jurisdiction etc.)
- Conduct research across various systems and databases to identify prior relevant SARs, TCRs, and related investigations/exams, and locate relevant information related to SAR subjects and allegations (e.g. in TCR, HUB, IRIS, Trends, WebCRD, PAUSE, Internet/Google, Palantir).
- Analyze results and document analysis by reading source information and making reasoned connections. This analysis is qualitative and does not involve hard technology skills.
- Possess ability to parse dense SAR narratives, summarize the key, relevant allegations, and disposition SAR appropriately.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as business, finance, prelaw, law enforcement that has been accredited by accrediting bodies or organizations recognized by the US Department of Education
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Fraud Analyst/Financial Investigator with a specialty/background in Bank Secrecy Act and SARs.
- CFE and CAMS certification is preferred
- Ability to provide favorable credit history
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess strong research skills and an understanding of intelligence analysis tools and techniques.
- Possess experience with open source research and analysis, including research and analysis of complex data from financial, commercial, and law enforcement systems; summarize analyses in reports.
- Adapt quickly and effectively to procedural changes; assist with other special projects.
- Possess a general understanding of the SEC, its mission, the concept of a security and registered entity, and financial crime typologies.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, web browsers, and PDF applications e.g. Adobe.
- Ability to apply business writing skills to summarize information on a large variety of topics; enjoys repetitive work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.