Clasen Quality Chocolate (CQC) is a world-class manufacturer of chocolate and confectionery coatings. CQC maintains a professional, supportive work environment where teamwork is the key to our success. Working for a privately-held company provides you with the opportunity to wear many different “hats,” make a difference every day, and have fun doing it! We are committed to being an Employer of Choice in Southern Wisconsin and offering our employees a variety of traditional and unconventional benefits.
We are currently accepting applications for a Packaging Process Engineer at our State-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Watertown, WI, conveniently located between Madison and Milwaukee. The position reports to the Packaging Engineering Supervisor and requires up to 10% travel.
The Packaging Process Engineer will be responsible for supporting plant operational excellence, leading packaging development and continuous improvement projects from inception to execution; ensuring milestones are met on time. This individual will be required to take a leadership role for his/her projects and possess the ability to influence and interface with cross-functional team members and external packaging suppliers. They will be responsible for developing the required operational specifications and QA documentation for NPD, as well as conduct package integrity testing to ensure flawless execution throughout the manufacturing process and logistics channels. They will assist in the research, installation and approval of new packaging equipment and processes in CQC’s Watertown, WI manufacturing facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide technical leadership for plant Operations by assisting in troubleshooting packaging inefficiencies in existing processes and materials, providing creative, timely and cost-effective solutions
- Facilitate plant trials for new packaging materials and formats
- Ensures package design and supplier quality meets or exceeds CQC’s manufacturing and quality requirements for efficient line production and finished product standards
- Upholds Customer retail packaging specifications & requirements, ensuring CQC manufacturing is always compliant
- Participates in a cross-functional team environment to drive the design and development of innovative new packaging for new product development
- Assists in the research, installation, and commercialization of packaging equipment and processes
- Identifies cost optimization programs for primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging
- Develops and maintains packaging and finished good assembly specifications
- Travels 5-10% to other CQC facilities, packaging vendors, off-site warehouses, or tradeshows & miscellaneous other training opportunities
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Packaging Engineering or related field such as Mechanical or Process Engineering, or Material Science
- Minimum 2 years of packaging engineering experience. Food Industry experience is a plus.
- Knowledgeable of ISTA, TAPPI, and ASTM packaging test methods
- Experience in a variety of packaging materials & applications – flexible films, paperboard cartons, corrugate, labels, adhesives, etc. would be ideal
- Experience in scoping and qualifying new packaging equipment
- Experience in leading/influencing operational teams
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills while working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Work near allergens, such as peanut, tree nuts, dairy, and soy.
- Project management skills
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Comfort with public speaking
- Strong motivation to innovate
- Excellent organizational skills
- Customer focused
- Detail oriented
- Problem solving and logical reasoning skills
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance (Low deductible and copays)
- Company-paid Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Match – up to 5%
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Volunteer days plus 11 holidays
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Wellness: Free fruit, insurance discounts, gym reimbursement, free wellness checks
- Scholarships – Employee, spouse, and children
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free chocolate and coating!
- Onsite Fitness Facility
- Bonus Potential
CQC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO Poster
For more information, please visit our website at www.cqc.com
CLASEN QUALITY CHOCOLATE