Senior Software Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is a chance to get in early with a rapidly growing Silicon Valley company, and to participate in developing the next generation of truly game-changing products in the Insurance Industry. CLARA Analytics is a leader in providing the most technologically advanced solutions in the insurance industry, dedicated to expanding the horizons of what is possible. Our mission is to drive the best claims outcomes for both insurers and the insured using innovative machine learning, including deep learning and natural language processing. Our models provide key insights and predictions that guide the claims adjuster in making optimal decisions at every step of the claim process.
CLARA analytics is looking for full stack engineers who will be responsible for the design and development of innovative serverless framework based applications.
- You’ll work closely with fellow engineers, product managers, data scientists and designers to define, refine and implement features on CLARA analytics. Our products are all about using data and predictive analytics to solve hard problems for our users
- You’ll work across the stack - Java, Elasticsearch, AWS, Angular 10
- You’ll work on complex engineering problems to improve the scalability, security and reliability of our architecture
- You’ll collaborate with fellow engineers to build frameworks and tools, define standards and improve overall efficiency and hygiene of the codebase
- Design and architect new product features, champion the use of cutting edge technologies and tools
- Work on a bi-weekly sprint schedule in a fast-paced startup environment. Participate in and contribute to scrum meetings i.e. daily stand-up, sprint planning, and retrospectives
- Deliver value in the form of timely, high quality, performant software components and services
- Collaborate with product owners and stakeholders to plan and define requirements
- Candidates with 5+ years’ experience in software engineering, building large scale systems
- Knowledge of healthcare data pertaining to insurance claims is helpful
- Ability to translate data needs into detailed functional and technical designs for development, testing and implementation
- Ability to identify and communicate risks and issues affecting business rules, functional requirements and specifications
- Ability to serve as a liaison between technical, quality assurance and non-technical stakeholders throughout the development and deployment process
Experience with the following software/tools is highly desired
- Highly proficient with Java & AWS
- SQL and NoSQL databases like MySQL, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch
- AWS Cloud service: RDS, AWS Lambda, S3 etc (any equivalent cloud vendor will suffice)
- Strong analytical skills and advanced SQL knowledge, indexing, query optimization techniques
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
We have small, close-knit teams and rely on our engineers to work directly with product and design to ship features. We value people that take ownership and get things done, and have some fun along the way. We're building something big and important - come join us!
CLARA Analytics offers a great benefits package to all full-time employees. Some of the perks you will enjoy are healthcare (benefit or we pay you to opt out!), monthly wellness/gym reimbursement, 401k match, public transportation cost assistance, skill building reimbursements, and more! We encourage creativity and recognize our employee’s talents and contributions with monthly High Five awards given by one’s peers. Apply now to be part of a growing, vibrant company!
At CLARA analytics, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AddressSanta Clara, CA
Get fresh Silicon Valley Mechanical jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.