Our client is seeking a full time temporary Personal Lines Underwriter with experience in Personal Lines Property / Homeowners policies. Primary duties will be reviewing new applications for completeness and requesting necessary documentation to properly evaluate the risk and insure the property. While this position is a temporary 40 hour a week position there is a possibility of going temp to hire.
Compensation is based on experience.
Work hours 8:15 to 4:30
Location: Wilshere are of Los Angeles with easy access to Red and Purple Lines
Please provide you current resume with requested hourly compensation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies knowledge of insurance principles and coverages.
- Applies available underwriting tools to guard against adverse risks.
- Identifies, evaluates, and makes underwriting decisions according to Company's underwriting guidelines and program eligibility.
- Reviews new business applications for eligibility and completeness and declines applications that do not meet Company's underwriting requirements.
- Reviews, evaluates, and monitors inspection reports for compliance and loss prevention (including all Commercial and BOP inspections).
- Performs appropriate classification and rate changes upon notification of exposure changes.
- Handles all BOP transactions.
- Handles endorsement referrals and general underwriting correspondence.
- Handles renewal referrals from Operations to ensure correct rating.
- Handles referrals from other departments.
- As an Underwriting technical resource, serves as an advisor to other departments; provides training when needed.