We are searching for a Proposal/Business Development Specialist to join our team and work in our Sterling, VA location. A strong candidate enjoys and excels at helping people, is motivated to learn new skills and be part of a team at a small, dynamic, growing company with smart, motivated people. Must be detail, deadline and results oriented.
- Run searches for new opportunities on government procurement websites (eBuy, FBO, IDIQs, etc.).
- Monitor and Track Opportunities from various government procurement websites (RFP, Sources Sought, RFI, etc.).
- Interpret RFPs/RFIs and share the necessary information to the Business Development team.
- Support all business development functions, including (resumes, past performance write-ups, and other sections of responses.
- Liaise with other staff members; execute, organize, and plan various activities of the organization, like strategic meetings, partner meetings, and client receptions.
- Contribute in weekly BD meetings; focused on past and present opportunities.
- Edit, update, and maintain company's marketing materials including company's websites, SharePoint, email alerts, and marketing brochures.
- Experience with SharePoint Sites development and administration.
- Analyze government solicitations, identifying all requirements and criteria for evaluation.
- Analyze requirements and ensure that proposals meet requirements.
- Resolve issues and set priorities for proposal development.
- Develop proposal schedule/calendar, outline, and compliance matrix.
- Coordinate and maintain team documentation efforts.
- Coordinate a collaborative environment tool to facilitate proposal activities.
- Facilitate interactions between key personnel and business partners in proposal development efforts.
- Support all aspects of proposal preparation, revision, and submission.
- Coordinate inputs from other departments and lines of business; communicate across teams to obtain input and meet deadlines.
- Write proposal sections as assigned.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and present internal reviews with upper management;
- Demonstrate independent exercise of judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of proposal alternatives.
- Provide reporting to Management of proposal generation activities and status.
- Review proposals, quotes, and cost sheets to ensure proposals meet RFP requirements.
- Develop and maintain proposal generation processes.
- Develop and maintain proposal generation tools, templates, etc.
- Responsible for preparing, presenting, conducting and participating in reviews at all stages of the proposal and ensuring that the proposal conforms to the instructions, evaluation criteria, and other requirements in solicitation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of work experience, preferably writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience supporting proposals in Government contracting highly desired.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English), including grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word (formatting and styles) and at least intermediate level in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work effectively under time constraints in a dynamic environment, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree required
Job Posted by ApplicantPro