- Posted: over a month ago
CK Contractors and Development is hiring Equipment Operators. This position is responsible for operating and maintaining various heavy equipment such as bulldozers, excavators, rollers, backhoes, and off-road trucks for the purpose of site grading.
• May perform fine or rough grading
• Read plans on site and check grade according to site plan
• Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members
• Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, or falling objects
• Monitor operations to ensure that health and safety standards are met
• Responsible for pre and post checks of equipment, daily maintenance and keeping the equipment clean and ready for daily operation
• Keep records for material and equipment usage and any problems encountered
• Must have the initiative, ability, and willingness to perform and assist with other job positions as requested
• Must demonstrate the ability to operate grading equipment
• Must demonstrate excellent safety awareness, and a willingness to comply with company policies and safety standards
• Communication with other operators, truck drivers and general laborers is critical
• Must have reliable transportation. Periodic weekends and overtime hours are expected
• Must wear proper attire at all times including safety vests, hard hat, safety glasses when appropriate, long pants, hard sole/close-toed shoes, and reflect a clean and presentable image
• Continuous mental and visual attention is necessary to safely and effectively complete work tasks
• This job requires the ability to lift, pull, and push up to 50 lbs.; bend, stoop, kneel, reach, squat twist, and climb in to heavy equipment several times throughout the day, and balance at heights up to 6 feet from ground level. In addition, you must have the ability to be on your feet regularly and use hands, arms, and legs repeatedly on the job. This includes frequently walking on sloped ground and slippery and uneven surfaces, as well as working in confined areas
• This job requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time
• This job requires the ability to perform essential tasks in less than favorable conditions. These may include but are not limited to: Performing strenuous work in varying temperatures, humidity, sand, wind, or other extreme inclement weather conditions for extended periods of time
• Work may be performed in an environment with exposure to extremely hot materials, fuel fumes, vapors, dust, grease, and oils, as well as loud and/or constant noise and exposure to moving equipment
Applicant is expected to follow all OSHA and company policies to minimize accidents and injuries to personnel and property.
Pay range is based on experience.
Job sites are located within a 70 mile radius of the greater Charlotte metro area.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CK Contractors & Development
AddressKings Mountain, NC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?