Job Title: Lease Administrator Date: September 2019 Location: San Diego, CA
CIRE Equity is an entrepreneurial, growth-oriented company focused on the creation and preservation of wealth through targeted investments in commercial real estate in the Western United States. We are passionate about real estate, dedicated to hard work and strive for excellence in everything that we do. We value our employees and aim to create a fun, merit-based environment that encourages hard work, creative thinking and high-quality performance. We provide the resources for self-development as we believe our greatest assets are the quality people on our team. We are seeking likeminded individuals who share our attention to detail and passion for excellence to join our growing team. What Makes CIRE Special At CIRE Equity, we want our employees to be successful, and we believe that a large part of success is aligned around our unique core values that form our cultural DNA. PERSISTENT IMPROVEMENT Relentless Cultivation of Our Potential QUALITY PERFORMANCE Executing Beyond Expectations CREATE OPPORTUNITY Innovative Thinking to Produce Value AUTHENTIC COMMUNITY Building Relationships Through Sincere Interactions We value our team members emotional intelligence and awareness more than just technical skills because we believe creating a safe place to share openly and receive direct feedback leads to higher functioning teams and resilience to overcome any challenge. We work hard and play harder, celebrating company success as a team. Purpose of Position Reporting to the VP of Asset Management, a successful candidate will handle lease administration of the portfolio and produce accurate, timely and complete tenant billings and collections for tenants. Lease Administrator will interact and collaborate within the organization as well as with tenants to ensure timely execution of assigned responsibilities. Job Duties/Responsibilities Accounts Payable * Work with accounts payable to ensure tenants are billed back for any tenant specific charges including, water, electricity, taxes, maintenance, etc.
* Collect invoice backup as needed for nationals for CAM, Taxes, insurance and any other billings.
Accounts Receivable * Deposit rent checks and credit tenant accounts daily.
* Review daily various bank account activities, update daily rent collection log and update tenant ledger in MRI.
* Research and reconcile the Accounts Receivable Aging report and tenant accounts as required.
* Review A/R Aging report regularly and alert responsible property manager of delinquencies.
* Post NSF check payments, scan to file and promptly notify property manager.
* Apply prepayment to outstanding balance on the 10th and 20th each month in MRI.
Lease Administration * Enter new lease or amendment abstracts into MRI daily.
* Perform monthly rent ups and send out billing statements including percentage rent, CAM adjustments, tenant bill backs, late fees, CPI increases and any other special charges.
* Perform timely processing of tenant move out forms.
* Make A/R phone calls to tenants to work out discrepancies or underpayments on their tenant ledgers.
* Send demand and default letters as necessary to tenants.
* Send annual CAM reconciliation letters to tenants.
* Send annual CAM estimate letters to tenants.
* Create bad debt/uncollectible write off recommendations to AM team .
Miscellaneous * Collect tenant sales information and enter it into MRI.
Key Performance Indicators * Late Fee/Collection Income
* 100% recapture of tenant bill back charges
* Timely and accurate tenant ledgers
* Bad debt write-offs completed quarterly
Requirements * High degree of accuracy and attention to detail while maintaining high productivity
* Minimum 3 years Accounts Receivable experience, lease administration skills preferred.
* Experience with Nexus and MRI preferred.
* Real Estate experience preferred but not required.
* Team player.
* Strong interpersonal skills including conflict management
* Strong analytical, problem solving, written and verbal communication, judgment and planning skills required
* Intermediate capabilities utilizing Excel and Word
* Ability to multi-task and manage priorities against key deadlines within a fast-paced environment