- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption & ethics, and trade.
Position: Assistant Controller
Reports to: Controller
Scope: CIPE is seeking a full-time, exempt Washington D.C. based Assistant Controller. The Assistant Controller should be experienced in all aspects of financial management, including non-profit, corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget, and forecast preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. The Assistant Controller will manage the duties of the Senior Accountant, Grants/Contract Accountant, Junior Accountant, and Accounts Payable Specialist.
- Assist Controller with the management of all accounting functions including Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Account Reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation of budget and forecasts, evaluate budgets, and prepare budget reports
- Assist with the execution of transactions for the appropriate accounting functions (i.e. allocations, open/close periods, execute batch processes, etc.)
- Prepare, analyze, and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate and assist with the preparation of regulatory reporting including annual and periodic program review audits
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, private and federal government reporting requirements, and tax filings
- Support the development, documentation, and implementation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with organization and regulatory standards
- Assist with annual audit preparation
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong relationships
- Additional duties as necessary
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Financial Management
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance, required
- Active Professional certification such as CPA, CFM, or CMA preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial and accounting processes (e.g. budgeting, reporting, financial closure etc.)
- Knowledge of GAAP and regulations
- Familiarity with USG donor regulations (2 CFR 200 & FAR) preferred
- Experience with various accounting software
- Strong supervisory and management skills including coaching finance and accounting staff
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment across multiple departments and time zones
- Experience in a non-profit environment preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively to people with varying levels of financial understandings and backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment, as well as independently with minimum supervision; ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to work with limited supervision.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills; team orientation.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, specifically MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and One Drive required.
Benefits and Perks
Competitive Benefits including medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, flexible spending, paid family leave, life insurance, 401(k), commuter benefits, telework, and more! Employee events including Company Picnic, Health & Wellness Fair, Holiday Party and lots of fun in between!
CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.
Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or emails, please.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at CIPE