- Posted: over a month ago
About us: CIO Solutions provides premium IT services to small and large businesses, affordable housing developments, medical practices and non-profit organizations. We have been around for a decade and continue to grow each year with one goal in mind – to provide our clients with expert custom IT solutions supported by knock it out of the park customer service. Our team works out of offices located in Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo and Fresno, CA.
About you: We love great candidates with a passion for organization, but we know there is more to a great fit than that. Do you truly enjoy putting a smile on a client’s face? Wishing a co-worker happy birthday with a jar of homemade salsa? Staring down challenges like a lion on the Savannah? If the answer is, “yes”, “yes” and “yes!” then we would like to hear from you.
About the job: We are looking for a Systems Engineer for our San Luis Obispo office. The Systems Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of internal systems, including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments, as well as providing technical assistance to team members with system and network requests. The Systems Engineer is responsible for troubleshooting a wide range of escalated technical support issues. The Systems Engineer is expected to have very strong technical troubleshooting skills on servers and network equipment such as routers and firewalls. The candidate must also have excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate for this position understands the need of their customers to have strong communication, issue resolution, and follow-up.
Compensation Package Includes:
Salary and bonuses
Dental and vision reimbursement program
401k retirement account
Professional Development program
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implementation at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Design and implement hosted and cloud solutions for customers using technologies that meet their requirements.
- Design and implement disaster recovery solutions.
- Setup and configure network and server equipment and prepare equipment for operation.
- Implement and configure essential server programs for customers, client/server database programs, directory services, e-mail server programs, and web server applications.
- IT support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and HyperV.
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review.
- Establish and document instructions, policies, and procedures for implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting network and server equipment and add to electronic knowledgebase for service team to support.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively, including interdepartmentally.
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by a Project Manager.
- Enter all work as service or project tickets in ConnectWise.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, ConnectWise CCPA, Sophos Certified Technician, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnostic skills related to technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred.
- At least 5 years total experience in the IT field.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and coordinate with other staff.
- Be a licensed driver in the State of California with a valid class C driver license and a clean driving record.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSan Luis Obispo, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at CIO Solutions