CIMS is a clinical information management company that develops solutions to one of healthcare's biggest challenges: leveraging digital clinical data to drive efficient and high-quality patient care. We are a relatively young team and a quick moving, lean, problem-solving company with a big mission, not a big corporate bureaucracy that tries to police you. To learn more about why it is rewarding to become part of the CIMS team, visit our website and read our testimonials.About the Medical Scribe/Clinical Information Specialist (CIS) Position
A CIS (also known as a medical scribe) is an active and valuable member of a healthcare team, providing assistance to doctors and mid-level providers by minimizing the healthcare provider's clerical workload and maximizing his/her clinical role. CISs execute real-time charting for physicians by shadowing them throughout their shifts and perform a variety of tasks that improve both the efficiency and quality of healthcare services. CISs operate under the direct oversight of the physician, with the physician reviewing and approving actions to be taken at key junctures during patient care. This relationship enables physicians to work at the top level of their medical license and helps reinstate the bond between physician and patient that leads to overall wellness.
As a CIS you will receive hands-on experience and an in-depth understanding of the medical environment, terminology, and fundamentals of medical providers. This role provides an opportunity to make a positive contribution in the lives of both patients and healthcare providers while also creating a career path with advancement opportunities in healthcare, both with CIMS and in the medical field at large. No clinical experience is required to apply and receive PAID training to become a Clinical Information Specialist.
This listing is for a part-time position. The position requires at least two 8-10hr shifts be completed per two week period. A minimum of two shifts worked each month must be weekend shifts. If you are interested in becoming a CIS and can commit to 4 or more 8-10hr shifts per week, please look at our full-time positions!Job Responsibilities (General):
As a CIS you will be responsible for accurate documentation, data collection, and retrieving patient information the physician will need to make the best evidence based clinical decision. This will include:
- Following a physician through the clinical shift, charting patient encounters in real time using Electronic Health Record software, and other templates.
- Providing assistance with the clerical activities of doctors and mid-level providers.
- Being under the direct oversight of the physician.and mining data for all needed comparisons and decision making.
- Gathering laboratory results, radiology reports, medical records, and other data for review by the physician.
- Independently obtaining past medical history, review of systems, social, and family history.
- Gathering data for all medical encounters .
- Preparing discharge paperwork and/or prescriptions.
- Serving as a customer service liaison with clinical end-users.
- Preparing plans for follow-up care.
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to follow and observe a physician for extended periods of time
- Ability to navigate a stressful and fast-paced environment
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend through listening
- English fluency – (secondary languages may be required at some locations)
- Ability to operate a computer and/or laptop through proficient typing, clicking and viewing a monitor for extended periods
- Fluid typing skills
- Detail oriented with proven ability to work effectively under conditions requiring accuracy
- High motivation, experience-driven personality
Though CIMS will fully train you to become a CIS, *optional*, preferred education and volunteer/work experiences include:
- Pre-health track (pre-med, pre-PA, pre-nursing) or interest in human relations
- Biology coursework at the undergraduate level or above
- Anatomy and Physiology and Medical Terminology coursework
- Work, volunteer or shadowing experience in the healthcare field; Experience in a direct patient care environment preferred, i.e. Emergency Medical Technician, physician shadowing, clinical technician in a hospital, or a medical assistant in a doctor's office, etc.
Starting Salary: $11.00/hr with increases possible after 720 clinical hours worked.
Part time positions can lead to future full-time positions, which are eligible for benefits packages offering:
- Paid time off