Expanding again due to strong demand for our products worldwide!!
We are a dynamic, strong growth, Fortune 500 level global manufacturer whose brand names are known worldwide and we have an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer. Located at our Division Headquarters in the Huntsville, AL area. You will be focusing on different projects in support of the plant’s design and operational needs, manage complex issues, and be involved in long-term planning.
The Electrical Engineer is a high visibility position within a rapidly growing Business Unit in the US. This position's responsibilities include:
· Electrical expertise throughout our plant operation
· Electrical design and project engineering.
· Serve as the site Electrical Engineer working for the Maintenance Department.
· Maintain and update plant electrical single line diagrams and associated Arc Flash Analysis/Labeling.
· Provide direction to Electricians, Mechanics, and other staff to support projects and maintenance efforts.
· Recommend improvements based on Root Cause Failure Analysis findings.
· Motor circuit analysis.
· Performance and coordination of system design and reporting, Cost Reduction, and Process Improvements.
· Recommend equipment reliability improvements.
· Machine commissioning, start up, and check out.
· Electrical, software design for automation and safety systems.
· Manage external contractors on installations.
· This position interacts with internal areas of Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing, Marketing, and other groups.
· BSEE degree
· 3+ years in the application, design, and/or construction of electrical power systems or equipment experience.
· 2+ years of experience with AC/DC drives and motors, low and medium power distribution, substations and power distribution equipment.
· Basic knowledge of DCS and PLC equipment.
· Problem solving experience in product related projects using Six Sigma and other problem identification and resolution tools.
· You should have a mathematical background and an understanding of electrical power systems.
· Experience with PSM (Process Safety Management).
You must be promotable, have solid electrical project management skills, and strong interpersonal and leadership skills. This role has a compensation package of a base salary range of $75-100k with Annual Performance Bonus, Fortune 500 level Benefit and Retirement programs! Relocation assistance is provided.