We are an industry leading, strong growth, global chemical manufacturer. The Safety Engineer will work to analyze hazards and help put appropriate controls in place by:
1. Analyzing and controlling chemical process hazards.
2. Analyzing and controlling other safety hazards.
3. Supporting the PSM Engineer.
You will work alongside our Process Engineers and serve as experts on process safety hazards and controls.
You will employ chemical manufacturing solutions and concepts for continuous improvement. You will facilitate an environment that reduces unplanned downtime.
- You will be the expert in analysis of technical aspects of chemical process hazards such as explosions, fires, overpressure scenarios, corrosion, etc.
- Control the specific hazards of all chemicals used in our plant such as TFE.
- You will conduct analysis on hazards other then chemicals such as motion, radiation, heat/cold, electrocution, biological, and pressure.
- Ensure governmental regulatory compliance.
- Make process modifications through all steps including concept, approval of funds, detailed design, multiple bid analysis, construction, and start-up.
- Ensure that all projects comply with OSHA, EPA, and other federal and local regulatory agencies.
- A BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Physics, or Chemistry preferred.
- An MBA and/or a Master’s degree would be a plus.
- You should have 3+ years safety engineering experience in a chemical manufacturing environment would be a plus.
- You should have experience preparing reports or other data for presentation to plant management indicating record of achievement (completion) on established goals and improvements.
- You should have experience with equipment and/or facilities expansions/modifications.
- You should have strong Mathematical skills.
We are a a global chemical manufacturer that puts a high value on quality of life, skill & career growth, and has an opportunity for vertical career-tracks. This position has a base salary range of $85-95k + bonus + tremendous benefit and retirement programs….Relocation assistance is available.