Communications and Outreach Coordinator - Bilingual/Spanish
CIELO Olympia, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $43,000 to $48,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
The Communications and Outreach Coordinator’s role is responsible for connecting CIELO with the surrounding community. The Coordinator will represent CIELO and work with the Leadership Team to identify, develop and implement initiatives that increase CIELO’s visibility within the South Sound community. Communications Outreach Coordinators work with local collaborative providers (not limited to schools, government agencies & a wide variety of non-profit organizations) and promote CIELO to Latino community members who would benefit from services offered.
· Oversees the planning and implementation of communications and outreach plans and strategies.
· develop and maintain all image guidelines for the organization.
· Strategically identify new and foster existing community collaborative partnerships to better service CIELO’s mission and objective.
· Responsible for fundraising and creating strategic relationships with donors.
· Assist in organizing events for CIELO.
· Collect data and information to focus on donors, events, and venues that may be useful to the organization.
· Create content to communicate with donors and the media to represent the organization.
· Draft copy for press releases, brochures, social media, email campaigns
· Maintain and schedule a calendar of events.
· Keep all CIELO’s digital platforms current and relevant.
· Attending community events to network with potential donors.
· Connects stakeholders in the broader community and cultivating relationships with collaborative partners, businesses, and individuals.
· Project management and event coordination
· Complete other duties as assigned.
· Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
· Computer literate and Microsoft Office sufficiency
· Awareness of community resources and services related to the client base.
· Ability to successfully complete any training required for the position.
· Strong communication and listening skills.
· Ability to work independently and to take the initiative in job-related activities.
· Social Media Management, Website Management
Required Education and Experience
· Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
- Higher Education degree in Social Service, Communications, or a related field
- At least three or more years of experience of community-relevant experience, event management, and/or public relations
EEO Statement: CIELO Project Radio Ranch is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reports To: Executive Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment: Hybrid
Travel Required: 25% within our service counties. Mason, Lewis and Thurston
CIELOWhy Work Here?
CIELO is an organization that promotes empowerment and shared leadership within our great staff.
CIELO educates, empowers, and connects people with the resources they need to create better lives and achieve their dreams. We are a resilient community hub where people form powerful bonds with other immigrants, our staff, and the over 150 volunteers who make our work possible. Thank you for joining us on this journey. ¡Viva CIELO!
1601 North St SEOlympia, WA
BusinessView all jobs at CIELO