Director of Marketing, Communications & Events (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reports to: Senior VP, International Exchange Programs
Department: Inbound Exchanges
Location: Boston, MA, Remote
Who we are:
CIEE is a nonprofit study abroad and intercultural exchange organization that transforms lives and builds bridges between individuals and nations through study abroad and international exchange experiences that help people develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world.
Why work with us:
- You will change the world. CIEE builds bridges between different people, different countries, and different cultures. We help young people participate in high-quality international exchange and study abroad programs that bring the world together. We change lives, our alumni change the world. Be part of the change!
- You will receive a competitive total rewards package. CIEE provides all employees with exceptional benefits offerings that increase total compensation by upwards of 25%. Our top-tier benefits include premium healthcare insurance, annual Company contributions to your retirement fund (up to 5%), generous personal time off (including vacation, holidays, and floating Fridays), and the full suite of insurance
- You will be part of a fast-paced, international, diverse, and collaborative team of professionals. CIEE operates the largest nonprofit network of study-abroad locations, with facilities and staff in 26 countries. Additionally, we help international participants from over 130 countries come to the USA each year. Committed to excellence and solving whatever problem the world throws at them, CIEE professionals work on international teams and are dedicated to advancing our 75-year-old mission to make the world a more peaceful place
Who you are:
The Director of Marketing, Communications, and Events will develop, formalize, and execute the strategic marketing initiatives of the Inbound Exchanges team, promoting CIEE BridgeUSA programs that bring exchange visitors from other countries to the U.S. This position is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive set of marketing strategies, recruiting marketing talent, overseeing the creation of marketing messages and materials, and leading the overall marketing effort of CIEE’s BridgeUSA programs. The Director is able to envision and execute ambitious goals, build and lead a highly productive team, plan and delegate effectively, and inspire high performance through extraordinary leadership skills. The Inbound Exchanges Marketing Team will support events (which we use to sell to and cultivate key stakeholders in each business line), storytelling (web, email, and print which we use to sell to and cultivate key stakeholders), and to support current participants on their journey (through the use of email and web).
What you’ll do:
- Strategize, communicate, and lead project execution across teams
- Effectively manage multiple projects and prioritize (and re-prioritize) resources and team needs with consistency and 360-degree vision
- Ensure strategic alignment between all Inbound Exchanges sales and marketing initiatives, and develop the tools needed to track attribution and identify high/low impact activities
- Develop a year-round calendar of prioritized projects and initiatives that fit seamlessly with the cycles of the overall Exchanges business
- Work with various stakeholders to ensure branding and quality is consistent and accurate across all platforms (print/digital/social)
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time and on-budget
- Delegate projects and balance workloads as necessary
- Provide clear and concise weekly/monthly updates to management regarding ongoing projects, priorities, and results
- Recruit, hire and manage key marketing support staff
- Achieve individual and team goals with timely deliverables set by SVP, International Exchange Programs
- Manage, grow, and retain staff by using your leadership, EQ (emotional quotient), delegation and organizational skills, professional development experience and trust
- Respond in a timely manner to all questions, issues, problems, and/or needs of product leaders and other interested parties
- Represent CIEE with integrity, accuracy, and in the spirit of its mission
- Manage additional projects as assigned
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's degree (or international equivalent)
- 7-10 years of hands-on marketing experience including (but not limited to): strategic marketing, program/project management, brand/content development, and staff management
- Extensive copywriting and editing experience in print, social and digital arenas
- Creative, loves to problem solve and launch new initiatives
- Results-driven, with a keen aptitude for managing to deadlines
- High expectations for quality content development
- Open to feedback and an effective collaborator
- Strong administrative and organizational skills and be able to ensure the effective coordination of a multitude of activities/priorities
- Competence and familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc), Asana, or other project management systems (Asana preferred)
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- Proven ability to work with a variety of people in and outside the organization
- Excellent English writing and editing
CIEE believes that diversity matters and those professionals with diverse backgrounds provide diverse approaches and ideas to solving problems and finding ways to advance our mission to bring the world together. Candidates from underrepresented groups with diverse backgrounds and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to federal regulations, a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment
As a condition of employment with CIEE, all new employees must comply with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires proof of full vaccination status, subject to any local laws or restrictions.
BusinessView all jobs at CIEE Inc
Get fresh Director of Event Marketing jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.