We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
This opportunity is for a Director in the Equities Trading/Prime Services Technology group. The Director will be involved the full project lifecycle of strategic technology initiatives for the Global Prime Services business including Cash and Synthetic Prime brokerage, in business Risk, reporting and more. You will work directly with project stakeholders in Prime Brokerage as well as Securities Lending, Middle Office, Settlements, Regulatory, Risk, Finance and Treasury to deliver front to back technology solutions. The Director will also work closely with the development, QA and other technology teams across the organization. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of one or more of the Prime Services products and prior experience with vendor and/or in-house applications used in this space.
- Work with stakeholders to understand their business, processes, requirements and objectives and apply that knowledge to a technology solution
- Elicit, capture, document and maintain business and functional requirements
- Document business, functional and technical requirements, process flows, system flows and test plans
- Gain consensus from stakeholders and delivery teams and influence solutions that align with strategic objectives
- Work with delivery teams to translate requirements into a set of tasks project milestones
- Report deliveries against key milestones with proactive notification of risks and issues
- Participate in Integration and Acceptance testing
- Validate that the solution meets the project specifications and stakeholder expectations
- Deliver quality solutions to business problems
Who You Are
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
- Prior experience as a Business Analyst working on projects within Global Markets
- Ability to think logically to analyze problems and define efficient solutions
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize, organize own work and manage time effectively
- Ability to understand complex systems, identify problems, identify opportunities for improvement and resolve issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with others across the firm
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of database fundamentals, ability to write SQL queries and understand results
- Detail oriented; demonstrates thoroughness and strong ownership of work
- Good team player with willing to participate in groups and assist others
- Sense of urgency, compelled to complete assignments according to plan
- Experience with Agile project methodologies a plus
Prime Services Qualifications/Skills
- Good understanding of the Global Prime Services business
- Comprehensive IT domain knowledge of Prime Services technology platforms
- Good understanding of one or more of the Prime Services products (Cash PB, Synthetic PB, In-Business Risk, Reporting, Securities Lending)
- Good knowledge of capital markets front to back processes including operations, risk, finance and regulatory
- Knowledge of Broadridge (BPS) is an asset
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You're digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all